[Poll] Will Carlyle be fired ? - Register your prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Dion is a more skilled Seabrook.
Hope you are right.
I found it hard to watch Phaneuf last year.
"More skilled" isn't what jumped to mind when watching him last year.
Top 6 D man gettting #1D salary was how I saw it.
After he won the Nonis lottery in December, I thought he was extra bad.

Memories: [Control + Alt + Delete] x2

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Randy will not be fired. He will be the coach next season.

There will be NO changes made to the roster neither. Phaneuf will still be here and the team will NOT make the playoffs for as long as his contract is. BOOK IT!

Nonis has already stated that there will be changes and the same was said from Shanahan. After watching this team play this year, there is major concerns from management on why some players were retained after another non-productive season.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
This article suggests Carlyle might be staying.
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/03/sharks-movement-to-keep-mclellan-could-stall-coaching-carousel

One of those teams is believed to be the Maple Leafs, who have been silent on Randy Carlyle’s status since their season ended and Brendan Shanahan was anointed as team president.

And at the same time, had Carlyle been let loose by the Leafs, there were two other teams interested in hiring him to coach.

Now, with McLellan probably staying in San Jose, the likelihood is the Leafs won’t wait long to confirm that Carlyle will return in his position as coach: He has one year left on his contract.

The Nos.
1927, Aplayaz2000, AR27, BayStBullies, BicBootyBoi, BIitz, BleedsBlueSNRefugee, Brown Dog, Calacatz, Center Ice Scrum, Chip Chipperson, Confucius, cookie, dfunk, Estlin, Everlong, Gardiner Express, go_leafs_go02, Grant, grits207, guelphleafsfan, Harry Kneel, Hennig, HFX902, hullsy47, Jake Gardiner, jeangauthier, johnny_rudeboy, KINgGh0sT, KoopaTrouba, Lanny, Leaf Lander, LeafsFIO, lovecat, MakeTheIronSing, Marcel Cousineau, mattyboy, mcleex, number72, paulster2626, Peasy, pooleboy, pucci2001, PureTruculence, Raging Bull, Reverend Salty, richardn, Rizzy13, rrc1967, Shanty, showtime8, SourGrapes, Steve, T M L, tacoburrito, thainer21, theboss*, TorMapleJays, Wendelstache, wiindjammer, Winnipeg59, Wonder Dan, Zubrus Coffee Maker

Last edited:

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Hope you are right.
I found it hard to watch Phaneuf last year.
"More skilled" isn't what jumped to mind when watching him last year.
Top 6 D man gettting #1D salary was how I saw it.
After he won the Nonis lottery in December, I thought he was extra bad.

Memories: [Control + Alt + Delete] x2

i found it hard to watch kessel during the last 15 games too .......more than 1 problem in this sh@t show

Salgari

Apr 29, 2004
www.myspace.com
Looks like Nonis intends to go down with the ship.

Next loosing streak they are gone, IMO.

I wouldn't have given them the chance, though

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Looks like Nonis intends to go down with the ship.

Next loosing streak they are gone, IMO.

I wouldn't have given them the chance, though

I would have much rather the new GM or Coach influence how the offseason will go rather than stay with Nonis and Carlyle.

Carlyle, I won't mind too much going after. I really don't want Nonis. His best move has been to acquire Jonathan Bernier and that too, was a move pushed by Leiweke.

What else has Nonis really done?

Salgari

Apr 29, 2004
www.myspace.com
I would have much rather the new GM or Coach influence how the offseason will go rather than stay with Nonis and Carlyle.

Carlyle, I won't mind too much going after. I really don't want Nonis. His best move has been to acquire Jonathan Bernier and that too, was a move pushed by Leiweke.

What else has Nonis really done?

Oh, absolutely. In my mind, this is a wasted offseason.

Oct 19, 2007
Well the Raptors are finished..Another hurdle passes for the day of reckoning for the Leafs coaches. What is the next predicted date by all you armchair general managers ?:sarcasm:

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
So according to the Sun sage Simmons, we should have Nonis and Carlyle to continue running the Leafs. Add Captain Phaneuf and one wonders how Shanny is changing the culture and direction of a team off the rails. Surely its not changing a few assistant coaches and trading the likes of Kadri and Gardiner. Thanks Tim L.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I hope if the axe falls on Carlyle that the Leafs take a serious look at Kirk Muller.

I think he just got a bum rap in Carolina.

Bring on someone else's dregs! They look shiny to me!

Seriously, I like his intensity.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Carlyle will not be let go. The culture change will be done with the player roster is my guess, and its definitely a guess!

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
So according to the Sun sage Simmons, we should have Nonis and Carlyle to continue running the Leafs. Add Captain Phaneuf and one wonders how Shanny is changing the culture and direction of a team off the rails. Surely its not changing a few assistant coaches and trading the likes of Kadri and Gardiner. Thanks Tim L.

Exactly. Still have a hard time believing they'll keep RC though
Why would they want to build the roster around a guy who isn't going to be here much longer, and should have been fired already!?

Mansfield

possession obsession
Apr 4, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Exactly. Still have a hard time believing they'll keep RC though
Why would they want to build the roster around a guy who isn't going to be here much longer, and should have been fired already!?

because the management thinks he's a good coach, which is why they should be fired too

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
because the management thinks he's a good coach, which is why they should be fired too

And I don't buy for a second there's noone better out there. He just is NOT a good fit for this team. How much more proof do they need? I guess historically bad stats aren't enough

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve
I wouldn't be surprised to see Kirk Muller, former teammate of Brendan Shanahan, end up on Randy Carlyle's coaching staff in Toronto.

Simmons keeps on pushing that Carlyle will stay.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 2h
@jamiemclennan29 @HayesTSN Gardiner's agent, Reimer's agent, Grabovski's/Kulemin's agent, MacArthur's agent all spoke out against Carlyle

Not that I really care what agents think but I don't recall a time when so many people have spoken out against a Leaf coach

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 2h
@jamiemclennan29 @HayesTSN absurd to say the onus is on the players yet the mgmt group that has been here since 2009 isn't held accountable?

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 3h
So, a SMART hockey analyst says what another SMART hockey analyst (McKenzie) said: McLellan fate still undecided. Owner in SJ is wild card.

Friedman on FAN 590 "other teams don't believe McLellan thing is over in SJ. I don't think that thing is over yet. Have to wait for owner"

TankNationTillDeath

Pylon4Sale
Jan 10, 2014
Toronto
Nonis has already stated that there will be changes and the same was said from Shanahan. After watching this team play this year, there is major concerns from management on why some players were retained after another non-productive season.

Nobody knows the changes, but I don't think they'll have the balls to make the tough ones, despite the fact they say they do. The tough ones are the right ones... Trading Kessel/Phaneuf, firing Carlyle, etc etc.. Lieweke constantly says that they will be making the tough decisions... and, now the vibe I get is that the toughest decision at all is to go into next season with no change.

But, if that means we tank for a top 5 then hey, just kick the can down the road and let's have this same conversation again next april.. not like we don't have it every year anyways

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Well this saves A LOT of my time if they make no changes in the coach. Even though I rarely watched games this year, I did still make an attempt to follow the team. That will be no more; not even going to bother checking in to see how they do. Feeling that no coaching change is needed after two of the biggest collapses in RECENT memory gives me the impression that management doesn't give a **** so why should I. After no cup in half a century and seeing the playoffs once in the past decade, they Leafs feel they need to prove a point by sticking with a lame duck coach who the players have tuned out and want to show the rest of the league that you CAN build the team around the coach. Players? Who gives a crap about them. We all know that the living god Randy Carlyle is the only one that can take this team to the cup. They just have to figure out the right players that can work with Randy and will listen to him like the fuhrer. Burke is probably thanking the Leafs for letting him out of this mess.

Tyler Biggs*

So, a SMART hockey analyst says what another SMART hockey analyst (McKenzie) said: McLellan fate still undecided. Owner in SJ is wild card.

Friedman on FAN 590 "other teams don't believe McLellan thing is over in SJ. I don't think that thing is over yet. Have to wait for owner"

Teams will be lining up to sign him should he be relieved in SJ.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Teams will be lining up to sign him should he be relieved in SJ.

Yes it sounds like he is highly regarded around the league.
Babcock has one year left in Detroit and it's said that he likes to move on to another challenge when his contract is done. Well, I've got a challenge for you Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->