[Poll] Will Carlyle be fired ? - Register your prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Also since the 1st round is finishing, so some other teams will also be evaluating their coaching situation

hitch does have the out - but i don't know if he leaves the Blues. some of these "defensive minded" coaches I'm always curious what they'll do if they're armed with offensive weapons.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
hitch does have the out - but i don't know if he leaves the Blues. some of these "defensive minded" coaches I'm always curious what they'll do if they're armed with offensive weapons.

Who do you consider better offensive Blues or Leafs?

Blues scored 248 goals 7th highest in the NHL. 1 goal less than #5 SJ and #6 Pitts 249 and 2 goals less than #4 Colorado. So Hitch had offensive weapons.

Our Leafs scored 231 goals 13th most.

If Hitchcock came to TO he would have to accept less offensive talent.

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

Blues scored 248 goals 7th highest in the NHL. 1 goal less than #5 SJ and #6 Pitts 249 and 2 goals less than #4 Colorado. So Hitch had offensive weapons.

i didn't say Hitch. i said some defensive minded coaches :laugh:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
i'll just post Hope Smoke's tweet as a response to your post! key part is in bold.

Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke · Apr 22

That's absurd. Idea that there are no coaches to replace Carlyle with is nuts. Also, no need to fire Carlyle & hire replacement at same time

True, also no need to fire Carlyle if a replacement isn't known.

Can someone explain to me who Hope_Smoke is?

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
True, also no need to fire Carlyle if a replacement isn't known.

Can someone explain to me who Hope_Smoke is?

he runs Hope in the Big Smoke (and I think another blog?) and (s)he? is really good at transcribing interviews etc.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
nonis is back from the U-18 tourney. so a decision on carlyle should be made by this week or at the latest, next week.

I'm going Wednesday. if Pittsburgh/Colorado/Sharks win tonight the series are over. and if the Rangers win Tuesday that's another end series. Which means Wednesday is a dark day because the Bruins/Habs start Thursday.

Thanks, so no one with any insight then.

:laugh: that's blunt way to put it, but yeah.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
That will be a pretty strong statement by Shanahan that he feels the players were the problem.

I personally don't feel Carlyle was the whole problem but obviously he contributed. I'm indifferent to keeping him, but as the saying goes easier to fire the coach than replace the players.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I personally don't feel Carlyle was the whole problem but obviously he contributed. I'm indifferent to keeping him, but as the saying goes easier to fire the coach than replace the players.

After what happened this year the team either needs to replace the coaches or the players period. One or the other. Something is terribly wrong with the team and can’t be allowed to continue. The wrong decision should cost upper management their jobs.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
After what happened this year the team either needs to replace the coaches or the players period. One or the other. Something is terribly wrong with the team and can’t be allowed to continue. The wrong decision should cost upper management their jobs.

i think it's going to be both.

1/3rd of the players won't be here - you can even argue 1/2. we only have 12 players under contract come July 1st.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

IMO, Carlyle will be fired and some players will be moved out.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
The Leafs had some expansion team-like stats this year.
And this was one of the most dis-organized, sloppy, careless, confusing team I can remember in a while. There are definitely player issues here, but the coach simply can't be that bad and throw his hands up in the air with no answers and NOT get fired.

Last edited:

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
phaneuf, franson, clarkson, orr, macclaren to start.

don't mind losing ranger, gleason, raymond. it's time for the prospects.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
yep. this is exactly what i'm hoping for. also, i'm hoping for one of those players to be phaneuf.

I'm not bothered who is moved as long as it improves the Team.
IMO, they'll try and upgrade on Gunnar instead of removing Phanuef.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
i didn't say Hitch. i said some defensive minded coaches :laugh:

With this teams player personnel Daisy and their inability to spell defense let a lone play it, I would be afraid no self respecting defensive coach would even take the Leafs job if offered.

In his job interview he would say "call me when you have some players I can work with". :wg:

Mar 26, 2010
Randy will not be fired. He will be the coach next season.

There will be NO changes made to the roster neither. Phaneuf will still be here and the team will NOT make the playoffs for as long as his contract is. BOOK IT!

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010

I saw how much offensive talent the Blues really have in the playoffs.

turns out its not much.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I'm not bothered who is moved as long as it improves the Team.
IMO, they'll try and upgrade on Gunnar instead of removing Phanuef.
I can see that happening. Phaneuf will be paired with a defenceman that can add more creativity on the back end. Dion is a more skilled Seabrook, he needs someone that is a stronger puck handler. A Brodin, Josi, McDonagh type would do rather than an uninspiring defensive defenceman which Aucoin never was. The Gunnar experiment was much like the Regehr one, and I don't think it's working out quite well at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad