Playoffs or Tank

• Playoffs

• Tank

Results are only viewable after voting.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
We're so bad it's comical at this point, there's no other way to look at it. I mean, anyone who wants us to win games now... are you watching this team? Why in the world should we win anything? Anyone will demolish us in the playoffs if we snuck in. That achieves zero. It's not good experience for new guys, and we don't even know who will be on the roster next season.

This is THE scenario you absolutely need to cheer for losses. There is NO positive to winning now, but there is to losing. The whole "you're not a fan because you want a loss" is so ridiculously overblown and completely out of place in this situation. It's the opposite. You're a pretty poor fan if you think winning enough to just miss the playoffs or get a swift kick in the nuts exit will do any good to this team.

Time to start sitting more guys and having youngsters come up for games to see what they can do before next season. THAT would be beneficial.

That and getting a top 5, or even better top 3 pick. Not a single question.
Can u please stop hedging, stop beating around the bush and be more decisive about what your point is. Thanks

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Can u please stop hedging, stop beating around the bush and be more decisive about what your point is. Thanks

Can u please repeat in clearer terms what it is I should do. Thanks

Though I genuinely don't know if you're sarcastic, annoyed, amused or a mix. Don't post enough to know your take on the matter. I don't read everything. So if you're in agreement and being funny, well, I'm giggling. If you're in disagreement and sarcastic/irritated, can't help you. Agree to disagree.

Cheeeeeeerio!

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We`ve one of the worst defensive core in the entire league @Stasis - due to reasons I mentioned about DeAngelo defensive weakness, size issues while others are not strong defensive players - AHL players, our 4th line is a lottery line, mostly AHLèrs, Vesey is far from a top 6 player. And I`m not sure what AV is doing concerning Vesey, but we lack depth and talent hence why we are losing including injuries before christmas. So it will not be a quick rebuild at all like some here thinks, and if Gorton move additional veteran players like in Nash - we only delay the whole rebuild process with years until we can compete for a playoffs position.

It will help a little concerning talent next season, but not sure if Howden is NHL ready, if Libor, Lias, and Chytil are NHL ready that is. And unless we hit in the top #3 picks which I doubt, our 2018-19 prospects are far from NHL ready - so it`s not a quick rebuild at all when they moved Ryan Mc.

Last edited:

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
We`ve one of the worst defensive core in the entire league @Stasis - due to reasons I mentioned about DeAngelo defensive weakness, size issues while others are not strong defensive players - AHL players, our 4th line is a lottery line, mostly AHLèrs, Vesey is far from a top 6 player. And I`m not sure what AV is doing concerning Vesey, but we lack depth and talent hence why we are losing including injuries before christmas. So it will not be a quick rebuild at all like some here thinks, and if Gorton move additional veteran players like in Nash - we only delay the whole rebuild process with years until we can compete for a playoffs position.

It will help a little concerning talent next season, but not sure if Howden is NHL ready, if Libor, Lias, and Chytil are NHL ready that is. And unless we hit in the top #3 picks which I doubt, our 2018-19 prospects are far from NHL ready - so it`s not a quick rebuild at all when they moved Ryan Mc.

Oh I agree with that. I just didn't understand which direct the aforementioned poster's comment was coming from.

Personally I'm just about done with the Vesey experiment, but I guess it depends on what's available and who's ready or not to come up. Vesey isn't much a bottom 6 player, let alone a top 6 player. I haven't watched many games this year, but one consistency is his inability to hold on to the puck. Shame.

I think Gorton will move Zucc (and it pains me to say it because Zucc is my favorite player on the team, probably my favorite Ranger ever tbh). I hope he keeps Kreids. I have no idea what the future holds. It can go so many ways. A lot depends on Andersson/Chytil adjusting to NHL, when/whether some Russians come over, how some other guys develop, and how we draft. Plus who we sign or don't. It's a pretty intricate puzzle that can go either way. I'm still psyched for it, and I'm happy it's happening now, rather than us pushing for another first round exit. So I express that. I want to lose THIS year as much as possible, at this point. But then try to build and compete, build a good atmosphere, chemistry. A winning environment. I don't expect a fast turnaround, but I don't want to cultivate whatever's happening in Buffalo and Edmonton, either. I'm ready for the long-haul, but it'll be a lot easier to stomach if we see good moves being made and progress, however small, from year to year vs. regression and chaos.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Well trade deadline is over so Zucc is worth less now in the summer window. But not all players are interested to be part of a rebuild - so who knows what is going to happen. But based on media & rumors Zucc is probably moved in that summer window.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
If Hank literally becomes a brick wall in front of our net, then sure, this might happen.
We gotta start feeding him more, make him thicker

I can see the signs already, held up on tv right behind his net

HENRIK
T H I C C QVIST

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
If Hank literally becomes a brick wall in front of our net, then sure, this might happen.

Bnjv5mGIIAEaWPX.jpg

Reactions: mrmovies779

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad