Should they trade him?

• Yes

Votes: 45 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 37 45.1%

• Total voters

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Yes, unless they can sign him to an extension.

The only thing the last 6 games has changed about this situation is (possibly) increased his demand/trade value.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
If the trade was already done, I would have expected just that result out of him or actually even more on his new team ppg/ppg+. That's why I agree w Sakic and the high price. Nothing less than a future stud D has to come back like in Jones/Johansen trade.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Extensions can't be done at the draft either (though I'm sure some conversations can happen to understand what kind of money he may be seeking).

The "extension" thing is what makes Nashville stick out of the bunch of teams who could make a deal happen now. Poile knows Duchene will re-up in Nashville once his current contract is done. It's probably the only team that would have that certainty. Plus Nashville probably has the best package of futures.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Extensions can't be done at the draft either (though I'm sure some conversations can happen to understand what kind of money he may be seeking).

The "extension" thing is what makes Nashville stick out of the bunch of teams who could make a deal happen now. Poile knows Duchene will re-up in Nashville once his current contract is done. It's probably the only team that would have that certainty. Plus Nashville probably has the best package of futures.

Not that I disagree. I don't. Just something seems weird about trading with an in-division rival. But after reading all of the analyses, I think the best fits as possible trading partners are either the Blue Jackets or Predators.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Not that I disagree. I don't. Just something seems weird about trading with an in-division rival. But after reading all of the analyses, I think the best fits as possible trading partners are either the Blue Jackets or Predators.
I think the "trading within the division" thing gets blown way out of proportion. We're talking about two different teams in two completely different situations. I mean if we're talking about a Patrick Kane for PK Subban trade, yes that's unlikely. But a rebuilding team trading a guy who isn't going to re-sign here in two years to a contending team full of futures that lacks that top 6 centre makes a ton of sense, regardless of the division.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Now is when you go back to garth snow, read off all of the s*** he's said in the media and take his 1sts, his 2nds, and Beauvillier for Duchene...while getting the rights to Sorokin thrown in since they are nearly worthless unless his KHL deal has a secret NHL-out clause in any of the next two summers.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Now is when you go back to garth snow, read off all of the s*** he's said in the media and take his 1sts, his 2nds, and Beauvillier for Duchene...while getting the rights to Sorokin thrown in since they are nearly worthless unless his KHL deal has a secret NHL-out clause in any of the next two summers.

I think that ship has sailed. I would love that package but it ain't gonna happen..

Barzal has looked too capable as their #2 C and their D and goaltending has looked a bit too shaky to focus on fixing a hole that might not even be there if Barzal continues to develop...

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I voted no, but that's because I don't think the offers are strong enough, and I kind of want to see what Zadorov, Bigras, and Nemeth can do for our left side this year. My answer changes if the package is strong enough, or Duchene refuses to sign an extension next off-season.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Duchene with less than 2 years remaining is highly likely to sign with the Preds. If they offer the best package and AVs continue with the rebuild, I don't see why an inter-division trade makes any difference.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I don't like dealing with hypotheticals. I don't know if he will or won't re-sign. I just know his contract is expiring in two years, he still has good value right now, I know players on our current defence are mostly hypotheticals like Z and Makar, we aren't competing now, and we need some f***ing defence.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
As others have said, if the right trade offer comes in.

If not, hold onto him. He's bringing value to the team by helping guys like Yakupov and Kerfoot find their footing.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I think ultimately we should deal him however Sakic has held out this long, so I don't expect anything to happen until someone gets desperate and offers what he wants. It's a high risk game that he's playing, but I have faith it'll happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad