• Other - Please Explain In Comments

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
The Ed Snider Statue is up... and it appears that a new tradition may have begun after the dedication... Mr. Snider's son and Paul Holmgren at a minimum rubber the ring.

Will this become a tradition at the WFC?

This Poll is to see what the Fans here intend to do... the Thread is for discussing our thoughts and views... Do we want this tradition?... Do we believe that it is a good idea?

You may vote only ONCE... but you may change your vote at any point up until the Poll closes, eight months from today, after the Cup winner is decided... So, if you are swayed by comments, please feel free to change your vote... and, if the Flyers have a great Season with the tradition, you may want to recast your vote to denote that.

Please note that your vote will be made public.

#ThankYouMrSnider
#GoFlyers
#RubTheRing

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I voted for whenever it's convenient... When I'm on my way to a Game/Event and I'm not late and on another route... and/or I don't have to bother any people gathering around it... I plan on giving a casual rub as I pass... and say yet another thank you to Mr. Snider. I still miss him a lot.

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I can't quite reach the statue from here, so I am not going to vote, but I can tell you without a doubt that I would go out of my way to make sure I rubbed it every time I went there. The ring, I mean. The thought of going there makes me want to rub one out, too. Anyway, the point is, if you are going to have a tradition, don't half-ass it - leave early enough so you have time to do it. The more positive juju we can generate, the better.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I can't quite reach the statue from here, so I am not going to vote, but I can tell you without a doubt that I would go out of my way to make sure I rubbed it every time I went there. The ring, I mean. The thought of going there makes me want to rub one out, too. Anyway, the point is, if you are going to have a tradition, don't half-ass it - leave early enough so you have time to do it. The more positive juju we can generate, the better.

... Well, now I feel like such traitor for the few and far between times I find it too difficult to 'rub'... I will have to reassess my responsibilities and possibly recast my vote. ((sigh))

I hope you're happy now. SMH

;)

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Yes. City needs more traditions.

And a better goal song and fan-generated in-game cheers. Let's go Flyers is generic as they come. More Flyer songs/traditions-- lessgo fam.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Winnipegs arena was built on the old Eatons Bldg. There is a giant bronze statue of Timothy Eaton in one of the concourses and everyone rubs his boot when walking by. Doesn't work here for good luck lol, but its kind of neat how shiny the same spot is from everyone rubbing it.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I rubbed today... Flyers won today with a late Goal... and I helped. ;)

... With this, I have decided that I WILL make sure I rub EVERY Game I attend... so, I changed my vote from 'when convenient' to 'Every Time'.

It is interesting to note that after only three calendar days... and two Games... there is a very noticeable brass showing on the ring; the dark coating has already worn through... Good work, Flyers Fans. :thumbu:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I've held to my word and have been rubbing before each Game I've attended... I've also continued with last Season's tradition of keeping Mr. Spider at the Games by wearing a Snider tribute t-shirt given out by Flyers.

... why is the rubbing not working? -- the shirt is to keep Ed at the Games in essence... not to win -- I don't know what more I can do.

What say you all... do you continue to rub?... I'm not really witnessing it.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I've held to my word and have been rubbing before each Game I've attended... I've also continued with last Season's tradition of keeping Mr. Spider at the Games by wearing a Snider tribute t-shirt given out by Flyers.

... why is the rubbing not working? -- the shirt is to keep Ed at the Games in essence... not to win -- I don't know what more I can do.

What say you all... do you continue to rub?... I'm not really witnessing it.

I also rub before each game. Oh wait ... nevermind.

:naughty:

Reactions: Sawdalite

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->