Poll: Robbie Schremp on TEAM USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
By all rights he should be on the team. My thinking is that his last name is too "shrimpy", so they're going to leave him off.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think Schremp will be named to the team. He's been a beast offensively, and while not great defensively, is making strides in that area. There also hasn't been a peep uttered about a "bad attitude" or anything like that. On the contrary, Hunter et al have been very complimentary. USA Hockey has no excuse to leave him off.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Rabid Ranger said:
I think Schremp will be named to the team. He's been a beast offensively, and while not great defensively, is making strides in that area. There also hasn't been a peep uttered about a "bad attitude" or anything like that. On the contrary, Hunter et al have been very complimentary. USA Hockey has no excuse to leave him off.

Agree 100%

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
trahans99 said:
I saw that show, if Schremp is left off the team, the brass are a complete band of idiots.

those people would be idiots...but they did happen to win the gold medal last year with a team those idiots came up with.

I'm not saying Schremp is a bad player, in fact i think he's a very good player. But if he's left off the WJC team because of chemistry, or even the committee not liking him, i'm fine with it. I have faith in the selection committee.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
trahans99 said:
I saw that show, if Schremp is left off the team, the brass are a complete band of idiots.
Ya, you are right. Bunch of idiots who went out and won the gold medal last year.

Morons morons morons!

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Schremp should make it this year. People are still worried that he won't, but no one can deny the way he's played thus far. Not even USA Hockey.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Postman said:
Schremp should make it this year. People are still worried that he won't, but no one can deny the way he's played thus far. Not even USA Hockey.

It's not like he's not being heavily scrutinized either, as USA Hockey sent scouts to London to specifically watch him. I can't see how they can be disappointed. He'll be on the team, I'm sure of it.

Vik

Nov 18, 2004
MrMastodonFarm said:
Ya, you are right. Bunch of idiots who went out and won the gold medal last year.

Morons morons morons!

Yeah, I see how winning a gold makes them intelligent. I mean idiots would have to cut everyone that should've made the team and put a bunch of slackers on the team to be considered idiots. In fact, I'd think that winning the gold would make them more intelligent than Steven Hawkins.

Genius genius genius!

Anyways, I'm hoping he goes. It'd be good for him which will be good for the Oilers.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
It's not like he's not being heavily scrutinized either, as USA Hockey sent scouts to London to specifically watch him. I can't see how they can be disappointed. He'll be on the team, I'm sure of it.

Yeah, I saw them at the game. Boy did Robbie give them a showing scoring 3 goals in one game and 2 in another.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
MrMastodonFarm said:

Morons morons morons!

I was talking about this years team :banghead:

I can understand him not being on last years team with the number of returning guys being 19 and Robbie only being 17. But this year, theres no excuse. Even with Schremp on the team I don't think the US has a chance against a stacked Canadian team, but we'll just have to wait and see. The games are not won on paper, if they were nobody would show up they'd hand the gold to canada.

Cowboy

Jul 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
I hope he doesn't make. But, He should be there for sure.

Go Canada!!!

Maybe Canada should ask him, isn't that how the U.S. got Brett Hull, they just asked him first? :dunno:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Cowboy said:
I hope he doesn't make. But, He should be there for sure.

Go Canada!!!

Maybe Canada should ask him, isn't that how the U.S. got Brett Hull, they just asked him first? :dunno:

I guess it didn't hurt that Hull has dual-citizenship (his mother is American) and was thus eligible to play for the United States in international events.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->