Poll: How as fans can we get rid of Melnyck??

How do you force an ownership change

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
He can't do that. The Hurricanes owner was asked this same question and basically it takes near-unanimous approval for a move. He either needs to sell or loosen the pursestrings. Ottawa will support a winning team. or even a rebuilding team, if it's handled well enough.
I agree and would be excited to see a rebuild if handled well enough. . The question is though, what realistic rebuild would you consider to be "Handled well enough"?

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I really can no longer stand the weakness in the fanbase. Especially in this thread. A bunch of whiners that turn on the team and management in the course of a two week losing streak. Melnyk has nothing to do with this losing streak. The team is no longer working well together, and have had some bad luck. The pieces are not fitting. I think he is a fan like you, and has invested a lot of time and money into this team. We are not the Habs and we are not the Leafs. We are a small, small market team. This team has fared better than most Canadian teams in the last 20 years. We have been able to get further than most teams into the playoffs. If you really think you can make it to the SCF with another owner, good luck. For 25 years the Senators have been in Ottawa. Only half of the city cheers for the Senators. Go get your free parking, your old logo jerseys and your $25 dollar tickets... Go cheers for the Leafs. :banghead:

Reactions: coladin

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
He can't do that. The Hurricanes owner was asked this same question and basically it takes near-unanimous approval for a move. He either needs to sell or loosen the pursestrings. Ottawa will support a winning team. or even a rebuilding team, if it's handled well enough.
No. I don't just want the team to spend more. I want the team to not be run by a sexual deviant supporting criminal alcoholic line skipping asshat. I'd like our owner to not do his best trump on twitter impression every time he gets in front of a camera or microphone. I'd like our moneyman to show his employees and paying fans respect.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I really can no longer stand the weakness in the fanbase. Especially in this thread. A bunch of whiners that turn on the team and management in the course of a two week losing streak. Melnyk has nothing to do with this losing streak. The team is no longer working well together, and have had some bad luck. The pieces are not fitting. I think he is a fan like you, and has invested a lot of time and money into this team. We are not the Habs and we are not the Leafs. We are a small, small market team. This team has fared better than most Canadian teams in the last 20 years. We have been able to get further than most teams into the playoffs. If you really think you can make it to the SCF with another owner, good luck. For 25 years the Senators have been in Ottawa. Only half of the city cheers for the Senators. Go get your free parking, your old logo jerseys and your $25 dollar tickets... Go cheers for the Leafs. :banghead:
None of this makes any sense.

Handles1919

Jul 27, 2016
ottawa
is that you hitting your head?

must be for you to miss everything thats going on with melnyck

2 week losing strek? holy moly, you need to go thru conciussion protcol

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
What fans should do is go to every game to show that we support the team. What Sens fans shouldn't do is go to concerts, buy Sens gear, or buy any food/beer at the games. Just support the hockey team/players.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017

I don't know why but this is what I imagine Randy Lee's opening statement would sound like if he were interviewing for the open GM job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->