Poll: How as fans can we get rid of Melnyck??

How do you force an ownership change

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
It all starts at the top, and our owner is the worst in professional North American sports. He’s threaten to move, he has ZERO respect for the fans, and he’s a general all around negative guy with low morals. And he has no respect for Ottawa or how the fans support the team.

It’s dire and time for Fan action

Reactions: Chip Chipperson

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It all starts at the top, and our owner is the worst in professional North American sports. He’s threaten to move, he has ZERO respect for the fans, and he’s a general all around negative guy with low morals. And he has no respect for Ottawa or how the fans support the team.

It’s dire and time for Fan action
You are elected. Just get it done.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
The last two would just continue the false narrative that Ottawa can't support an NHL team.
You either go out and protest or conspire a scheme to make/prove him of being a racist/sexist...

Honestly, it's a waste of time. I don't think he's that bad.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
I won't be stepping foot in that stadium, whether it's for the Sens or anything else, until he's gone.

The minute he is, i'll be a STH again. Like Benjamin said, the loudest way to protest is with your wallet. Going to the game and chanting "Melnyk Sucks" while giving him $100+ dollars is rather pointless.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
If you really want to send a message, there has to be organization & numbers.

Choose a game to actively boycott and then choose a game to actively support. If it is actually well organized and impactful then you prove a) Ottawa can support a team and b) Ottawa wont support Melnyk.

Reactions: ChelFan31

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
If you really want to send a message, there has to be organization & numbers.

Choose a game to actively boycott and then choose a game to actively support. If it is actually well organized and impactful then you prove a) Ottawa can support a team and b) Ottawa wont support Melnyk.

Let's make this happen. What game should we all boycott ? Sens & Devils?

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
The thing is; finding a way to support the Anti-Melnyk movement whilst not jacking out on the team...

I think the only way is a pre-game rally, but then you’re still showing up spending $$$.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Stop buying tickets to the games. No season tickets, no single-game, nothing.
Don't buy jerseys, avoid watching on TV.
Bankrupt MElnyk. He only understands money, make him lose money and he'll sell. Period.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
It's gonna take a major event like EK leaving for the fans to actually get motivated.

A boycott of the team should do it.

A fan lockout.

Someone needs to start a website www.melnykout.com for example.

On the website fans can make pledges to not invest a dollar into this club till melnyk leaves. Get media attention and start dwindling attendance at home games melnyk will decide it's time to sell or pay a hefty relocation fee

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Option d. Start a letter writing campaign to bettman. Real handwritten letters like amnesty international. 50 or 60k of them should do the tricj

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Melnyk is okay. Fans who boycott their team when they start losing are shit though.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Not sure how reliable Senschirp is but he tweeted out that Eugene called Turris and told him to take a hometown discount

Pringles

Dec 14, 2007
Start a kick start campaign to buy the team...or a better idea is form a corp and you can buy a share for 4k and we sell 100,000 shares. Share holders vote for a president and run it by the fans ...for the fans

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
We can't as fans get rid of Melnyk. We can however make it obvious we don't support him (the team) and then we risk losing the team. I don't know the mechanism to move a team but if Ottawa is seen to be a town in which hockey is not viable we are more likely to lose the team than to lose Melnyk.

I posted the following thoughts in a different thread. My view is that the Senators will never contend as long as 15% to 20% of the budget is tied up in two highly overpaid players (Phaneuf and Ryan). If they can't be traded then the Senators will only have a hope of competing in about three years. In the meantime players will be traded for cost reasons or they will simply leave on their own.

Once Karlsson and/or Stone leave simply because they want to play elsewhere the boycott you propose will happen naturally. I suspect it is happening on a small scale already. I no longer go to games, nor do my friends who all had partial seasons tickets.

The next few months will be critical. Imagine the worst (and possible) case of losing during the next two years via trade or free agency many of Karlsson, Stone, Hoffman, Duchene, Pageau, Smith, Dzingle while keeping Phaneuf and Ryan. You won't have to organize a boycott.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Remember comments likes this when he moves the team.

He can't do that. The Hurricanes owner was asked this same question and basically it takes near-unanimous approval for a move. He either needs to sell or loosen the pursestrings. Ottawa will support a winning team. or even a rebuilding team, if it's handled well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->