Police handcuff, take Canadian hockey player off the ice after brawl

PepperoniSlapshot*

A player from the Quebec Junior AA league, get's in fight with a linesman.

The linesmen hold him down until the Police came and handcuff him, on the ice..Pretty bizarre....

How many times has this happened this year in Hockey Leagues around North America?

Wow they need to do something about this.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
hqdefault.jpg

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Curious as to the back story to this incident, why were there police right on site for this game, they seemed to know what they were doing, do police have protocol for going on the ice to make an arrest? What happened to lead up to this? Is the player known for this type of behaviour and why was he so upset and the rest of the team seemed fine?

While what the guy did was silly i have seen worse in my men's league without arrests.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
I know spitting in someone's face in Canada (I think the US too?) is considered assault, but IMO, the punishment doesn't fit the crime. One guy got saliva on him, the other was handcuffed and arrested. Not really a wise/efficient use of law enforcement.

Then again, we do live in a very neutered society where people get cursed at or spit on and instead of handling it between each other, the cops get brought into it. Not defending the player's action, but perhaps a public fine would make more sense rather than cuffing a young man who did something dumb?

Slush

Jan 26, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Wow we never see this happen during a hockey game. Can you imagine what would happen if something like this occurred in the NHL? The media would talk about it forever.

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
I know spitting in someone's face in Canada (I think the US too?) is considered assault, but IMO, the punishment doesn't fit the crime. One guy got saliva on him, the other was handcuffed and arrested. Not really a wise/efficient use of law enforcement.

Then again, we do live in a very neutered society where people get cursed at or spit on and instead of handling it between each other, the cops get brought into it. Not defending the player's action, but perhaps a public fine would make more sense rather than cuffing a young man who did something dumb?

Problem is it was an official. What would happen to the official if he punched and injured Marcotte. The core problem is a 21 year old who evidently has no respect for the game or official.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014

They did not have to hand cuff him but with that said he will get hit very hard likely a life time ban and a very heavy fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad