Polak, Mirnov, Zakharov or Tunik?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmangos

Jul 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Hi all, I've got last pick, 48th, in our keeper league's prospect draft. We're picking players chosen in the 2003 NHL draft. I want to pick a forward, scoring system is 1 point for each goal, assist, pp goal, sh goal. I don't need the player I pick to play anytime soon, I can afford to sit and wait for him to develop. But I do want to pick a sure thing. And actual position doesn't really matter.
I've narrowed the list of those available to these guys (in order of NHL pick#):<B>
NHL#, Team, Player
34 DAL Vojtech Polak
40 MON Cory Urquhart
53 NYI Evgeny Tunik
60 VAN Marc-Andre Bernier
67 OTT Igor Mirnov
81 PHI Stefan Ruzicka
101 STL Konstantin Zakharov
and a long shot
204 COL Linus Videll</B>
Who should I take? Who has the best chances of actually making an impact in the NHL in the future?
I was impressed by the training camp reports on Zakharov. However, going into the draft, he was not as highly rated as Polak, Mirnov and Tunik. And it seems that was also true just after the draft. Of these guys, from what I've read on this site & others, Polak may be the surest of the bunch, but Mirnov and Tunik went into the draft rated almost as high, by most accounts. The other guys listed are possible sleepers, with Ruzicka probably leading that group.
So basically, who's the best pick: <B>Polak, Mirnov, Zakharov or Tunik?</B>

(note: every forward picked after O'Sullivan at #56 is still available, except #93 NJ Ivan Khomutov. Are there any other chosen later that are an even better pick than the guys above?)
I'm looking forward to your comments!

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
tm said:
Hi all, I've got last pick, 48th, in our keeper league's prospect draft. We're picking players chosen in the 2003 NHL draft. I want to pick a forward, scoring system is 1 point for each goal, assist, pp goal, sh goal. I don't need the player I pick to play anytime soon, I can afford to sit and wait for him to develop. But I do want to pick a sure thing. And actual position doesn't really matter.
I've narrowed the list of those available to these guys (in order of NHL pick#):<B>
NHL#, Team, Player
34 DAL Vojtech Polak
40 MON Cory Urquhart
53 NYI Evgeny Tunik
60 VAN Marc-Andre Bernier
67 OTT Igor Mirnov
81 PHI Stefan Ruzicka
101 STL Konstantin Zakharov
and a long shot
204 COL Linus Videll</B>
Who should I take? Who has the best chances of actually making an impact in the NHL in the future?
I was impressed by the training camp reports on Zakharov. However, going into the draft, he was not as highly rated as Polak, Mirnov and Tunik. And it seems that was also true just after the draft. Of these guys, from what I've read on this site & others, Polak may be the surest of the bunch, but Mirnov and Tunik went into the draft rated almost as high, by most accounts. The other guys listed are possible sleepers, with Ruzicka probably leading that group.
So basically, who's the best pick: <B>Polak, Mirnov, Zakharov or Tunik?</B>

(note: every forward picked after O'Sullivan at #56 is still available, except #93 NJ Ivan Khomutov. Are there any other chosen later that are an even better pick than the guys above?)
I'm looking forward to your comments!

I can't speak for Mirnov, Polak, and Tunik, but Zakharov has really impressed in camp. (He has been returned to his Jr. team at this time). He looks like a sniper w/ a nose for goals. He tore up the prospect tourney in Traverse City and looked good in the intersquad at the Blues Camp.

I think he may be a steal for the Blues, but a lot can happen between now and when he will take the ice in the NHL. Keep in mind that Blues tend to develop their prospects slowly and in Major Jr. and AHL. So it may be a couple of years before you see him in the 'Note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad