Pokemon Thread #24 - UltraPokemon UltraThread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
My wonderlocke so far Magnemite, Frogadier, Fletchling, Zorua, and Combusken. I got Porygon, Abra, Magikarp and Oddish in my box just in case. Haven't had any issues with trials thanks to Combusken's double kick

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
f***ing crits and z-moves

9f88948f219762e6ca60c95cc2c86998.png

Reactions: Mrb1p

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Started my Platinum Nuzlocke again because I got crushed by the first major Galactic admin battle and because I can no longer remember how things unfolded the first time around.

Mildly modified catch rules, mostly to allow me to bypass catching some of the things I've used a lot before (like Zubat. I don't need another damn Crobat even if Crobat is awesome.)

So far all I've done is start the game, find out that my trainer ID ends in 0, and then be paralyzed by the fact that I have to pick my starter from what is, for me, the hardest choice of starter in any generation because they're all great.

I ended up going with Chimchar after I lost with Piplup in my last playthrough and I've used Turtwig multiple times because it might be my favorite starter ever.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
This gives me an idea. They should have a mode in the next Pokemon game where fainting is permanent (ala Fire Emblem).

won't happen. Adding in in any sort of concept that would relate to or be like 'death' would probably necessitate a T rating. I know they sorta danced around it with some of the stuff like Lavender Town and the tower, but implementing an actual death-ish mechanic would cross a line. And they won't make a ratings change that pulls this from being an all-ages franchise.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Pikachu and Ketchup was the best ship, @ me

tenor.gif

tumblr_inline_mphvyzMIDl1qz4rgp.gif

So far all I've done is start the game, find out that my trainer ID ends in 0, and then be paralyzed by the fact that I have to pick my starter from what is, for me, the hardest choice of starter in any generation because they're all great.

I ended up going with Chimchar after I lost with Piplup in my last playthrough and I've used Turtwig multiple times because it might be my favorite starter ever.

Yep, 4th gen is up there with 1st gen for starters. Then they had the worst with 5th gen but that’s a topic for another day. I loved how there were so many new Pokémon on 5th gen but the starters were terrible.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I don't hold the Gen 1 starters to the same standard of later on because power/complexity creep is obviously going to put them at a disadvantage. I'd still probably rank them 2nd in overall starter coolness behind the Sinnoh ones. Then there's a reasonably big mess in the middle depending on your feelings about individual starters in each gen (Totodile is awesome, Chikorita sucks. Mudkip is cool, Treecko sucks. etc) and the Unova starters way back in last place by themselves.

Through day 1(.5) of my Platinum Nuzlocke.

Party
Chimchar (starter) - Level 12
Staravia (Route 201) - Level 14
Shinx (Route 202) - Level 11
Shellos (Valley Windworks) Level 11

PC
Zubat (Ravaged Path) - Level 4
Geodude (Oreburgh Mine) - Level 5
Wurmple (Route 204) - Level 5
Bidoof (Route 203) - Level 5
Ponyta (Route 207) - Level 9

Deceased
Psyduck (Oreburgh Gate) - Levels 4-12 [Died against Roark's Cranidos]

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Also, playing through ORAS with essentially a Charizard, Quagsire, and Scyther sucks balls. I've had so much good stuff die, like my Mawile in the battle where I get the Mega Bracelet.....I WAS SO GODDAMN CLOSE and then I stupidly left it in against the Earth Power-ing Camerupt in that double battle with Steven.

I also just lost a Riolu that had to be close to evolving to Rough Skin Sharpedo.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Treecko has a cool design but I never liked its move-pool. In original RSE it also got hosed by the fact that its stat spread made it a physical attacker at a time where Grass moves were 100% special and its only non-normal, non-grass moves were Fury Cutter (junk unless you can set it up to spam) and Pursuit (dark moves were also special)

Maybe I should try a Trecko in ORAS to see if it's any better, but I've been sour on it ever since an ill-fated Emerald run with it.

Also, playing through ORAS with essentially a Charizard, Quagsire, and Scyther sucks balls. I've had so much good stuff die, like my Mawile in the battle where I get the Mega Bracelet.....I WAS SO GODDAMN CLOSE and then I stupidly left it in against the Earth Power-ing Camerupt in that double battle with Steven.

I also just lost a Riolu that had to be close to evolving to Rough Skin Sharpedo.

That would've been quite the feat! :sarcasm:

I'm playing Platinum right now as I watch a baseball game. Just making it into the Eterna forest. Haven't lost anything except the Psyduck yet (had a couple of really close scrapes though) Hoping to pick up a Budew over the next couple routes because I could use a grass type (I wanted one earlier on from the route north of Jublife, but got Wurmple instead)

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Sceptile’s special attack is a lot higher? I mean, unless you wanted to run a Swords Dance set.

In Gen 3, it got Leaf Blade, Crunch and Thunderpunch, which were all special attacks.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Day 2 of the Platinum Nuzlocke.

By defeating Galactic Admin Jupiter I've no officially passed the point where I crapped out in my last run.

But it wasn't without cost today as the Buneary I got in Eterna Forest ended up not even making it out of the forest alive thanks to some stupid Psychic trainer and their goddamn Abra with apparently Fighting-type Hidden Power (and the staggering rate of critical hits that occur). I had a couple of close scrapes with a couple of others, but just lucked out enough to avoid other casualties.

Party
Shellos (Valley Windworks) - Level 18
Luxio (Rt 202) - Level 19
Monferno (Starter) - Level 19
Budew (Rt 205) - Level 20
Staravia (Rt 201) - Level 21

In PC
Bidoof (Rt 203) - Level 5
Zubat (Ravaged Path) - Level 3
Geodude (Oreburgh Mine) - Level 5
Wurmple (Rt 204) - Level 5
Ponyta (Rt 207) - Level 8

Deceased
Psyduck (Oreburgh Gate) Levels 4-12 [Died fighting Roark's Cranidos]
Buneary (Eterna Forest) Levels 11-17 [Died fighting trainer's Hidden Power wielding Abra in Eterna Forest]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad