Pokemon Thread #24 - UltraPokemon UltraThread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
Good luck beating ultra necrozma without some niche strategy.

Good lord.

Edit: beat it with a combination of quick claw, confusion, and freeze hax. Works every time

Last edited:

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Good luck beating ultra necrozma without some niche strategy.

Good lord.

Edit: beat it with a combination of quick claw, confusion, and freeze hax. Works every time

Was literally about to come post about my Toxic stall. Holy cow. We wanted a harder game, and they gave it to us.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
The Mimikyu trial is up there with Whitney's miltank in terms of difficulty.

Lol beat that trial after posting how difficult it is

Last edited:

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Champion of Alola. Now the real fun begins.

Honestly, I loved this game so much more than SM. This is what SM should have been. Please, GameFreak. Don't f*** around with these enhanced versions and make this the game THE FIRST TIME

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I've been slow on playing UltraSun because of various things, but as I finish up the 2nd island: damn, Fomantis sucks. I boxed my Rowlett to try a no-starter run and picked up Fomantis as the replacement grass type. But it's so slow and fragile. Or at least mine is slow and fragile.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
I've been slow on playing UltraSun because of various things, but as I finish up the 2nd island: damn, Fomantis sucks. I boxed my Rowlett to try a no-starter run and picked up Fomantis as the replacement grass type. But it's so slow and fragile. Or at least mine is slow and fragile.

incredulous.gif

For real though, Tsareena is much better than Fomantis/Lurantis.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
incredulous.gif

For real though, Tsareena is much better than Fomantis/Lurantis.

You're right to boo me. But I was also wrong. I boxed my Dartrix because Dartrix is stupid and dumb and I wish I could've just kept it as a Rowlett and still had it be combat viable.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Steenee/Tsareena looks super interesting. I'll try that.

It's moveset is kind of gimped in terms of grass moves though. Razor Leaf at level 15, Trop Kick at evolution to Tsareena (29 at the earliest) and then not another physical grass move until like 52 with Power Whip. It would've been nice if it could learn Leaf Blade in the mid-to-late 30s.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
You're right to boo me. But I was also wrong. I boxed my Dartrix because Dartrix is stupid and dumb and I wish I could've just kept it as a Rowlett and still had it be combat viable.
Minor setback (Dartrix) for a major comeback (Decidueye)

Trop Kick is an awesome move, 70BP and lowers target's attack stat. Looking at serebii, looks like it's gotten better in USUM because of move tutor.

Maybe I'm not grinding much but my pokemon's level is good 4~5 levels behind the opponent :laugh: Nuzlocke is going to be a bitch in this game.....which I will start on US soon.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
What the f***, just got 6-0ed in 6 moves. It's level 60 while my pokemon are in their 40s

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
By the way without Exp Share on you're ALWAYS going to be 4-5 levels behind. I'm in post game and that doesn't change.

Just fought

Maxie and Archie with their L66 legendaries while I'm at 58-60

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
WHELP

(more post game)

Giovanni's Mega Mewtwo Y....I knew it was coming, but I can't get past it. I mean, I'd be able to, but since 1/2 my team is weak to Ground, I can't keep enough mons alive for it.

Also, it's L70 when I'm rolling 61-64.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
By the way without Exp Share on you're ALWAYS going to be 4-5 levels behind. I'm in post game and that doesn't change.

Just fought

I beat it by using t-wave, it was paralyzed for 5 or 6 straight turns against Magnezone and then finished it off with Lycanroc.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Slow-playing this game. Just made it to Olivia. Not a nuzlocke and the only oddball thing I've done is that since I boxed my starter I replaced it with a Shieldon because I wanted to use a fossil mon but Cranidos sucks.

Steenee Lvl 26
Noibat Lvl 29
Shieldon Lvl 29
Vaporeon Lvl 30
Hawlucha Lvl 30
Magneton Lvl 30

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY

Just fought

The level progression in this game is ridiculous. I don't like using exp share so I'm at a huge disadvantage. I haven't even gotten inside aether for RR, but I think I'm gonna clear out the rest of Poni island before I attempt it. Maybe bank over some old in-game mons to use.

I beat it by using t-wave, it was paralyzed for 5 or 6 straight turns against Magnezone and then finished it off with Lycanroc.

I had to do something very similar. Put a quick claw on tsareena, teeter danced it and it hurt itself like 3 straight times. I then had to put in magnezone and pray that a last-ditch tri attack would do something. Fortunately I froze it for like 8 straight turns, then had to revive magnezone to finish it off since it was the only Pokémon I had that it couldn't OHKO. Pure luck.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Slow-playing this game. Just made it to Olivia. Not a nuzlocke and the only oddball thing I've done is that since I boxed my starter I replaced it with a Shieldon because I wanted to use a fossil mon but Cranidos sucks.
$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad