Pokemon Thread #23 - Hakuna Komala!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
It looks cool. Wish there would be a Dawn form too, which would be the midnight form taking on some of the day form's aspect, rather that the midday form taking some of the midnight form's aspect like Dusk form does.

Agreed. There should definitely be a Dawn form for Lycanroc. I'm also hoping for new Pokemon Alola forms and - maybe - walking with Pokemon. That - as well as the Pokemon World Tournament in BW2 - is one of the things I miss the most.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Agreed. There should definitely be a Dawn form for Lycanroc. I'm also hoping for new Pokemon Alola forms and - maybe - walking with Pokemon. That - as well as the Pokemon World Tournament in BW2 - is one of the things I miss the most.
Would surprise me if we did not get at least a few new Alolan lines, notably from Johto Pokémon.

But I doubt we get a Dawn form for Lycanroc, because it getting a 3rd form has been known for a while (there was a placeholder in SM for a 3rd form in its pokédex or something like that, but just one, not two)

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Just realized that with their respective "fusion" with Necrosma, Lunala was in its Full Moon phase, while Solgaleo was in its Radiant Sun phase. :laugh:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
derp
57bc631b1a.jpg

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
AUGUST 6th
Tier Shifts are live! Powerful drops like Manaphy and Mega Camerupt are sure to shake up the UU metagame. Furthermore, NU is out of beta and PU is now in beta phase.

AUGUST 7th
Tier Changes & Suspect Tests

Manaphy is banned from UU.

Reuniclus is being suspect tested in RU.

Meloetta is being suspect tested in NU.

Sawk is banned from PU.

Made me laugh for some reason. :laugh:

Last edited:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
so, Lycanroc Dusk gets both Counter and Accelerock, as well as the ability Tough Claws, according to CoroCoro.

So, 52 BP STAB Accelerock which is great. Also means that his coverage (Crunch, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Sucker Punch, Reversal) hits harder too. Wish it had Head Smash (imagine a tough claws boosted head smash from what appears to be a pokémon with decent attack and good speed :laugh:) and a bit more coverage than those current moves though. Ice Fang, Iron Tail, Shadow Claw, Play Rough, Psychic Fangs, Wild Charge would all make some sense.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
so, Lycanroc Dusk gets both Counter and Accelerock, as well as the ability Tough Claws, according to CoroCoro.

So, 52 BP STAB Accelerock which is great. Also means that his coverage (Crunch, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Sucker Punch, Reversal) hits harder too. Wish it had Head Smash (imagine a tough claws boosted head smash from what appears to be a pokémon with decent attack and good speed :laugh:) and a bit more coverage than those current moves though. Ice Fang, Iron Tail, Shadow Claw, Play Rough, Psychic Fangs, Wild Charge would all make some sense.

That would be a lot of recoil. Strong as ****, but a lot of recoil...

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
It's frail anyways. Not really staying for more than two hits regardless.
Exactly. I know it won't happen though, but just scarf the thing with max attack and speed or HP (haven't done the calculations to see what would be optimal in the metagame), and you'd have a monstruous wallbreaker. Staraptor is OU material mainly because of how reckless boosts double edge and brave bird (144 BP with the boost, not factoring STAB in), and it boasts very similar stats to what the theoritical stats spread for Dusk form would be. Despite the recoil, having head smash would definitely send Lycanroc Dusk to OU. Nothing besides the strong defensive walls is going to take a STAB 195 BP Head Smash very well. :laugh:

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Use code "POYONG" for Gardevoirite/Galladite/Lopunnite

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I'm guessing you can breed those special Rockruffs and the offspring can evolve into Dusk form too?

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
omg so hyped!!!!!!1!111!

that ability is so useless it makes me mad, especially considering its fire type

like, who are the steel types on which this is useful? aka who are not OHKOd by fire blast or even flamethrower? Probopass? This gets 2HKOd after nasty plot, so there's no point. Same for King Penguin. Therefore, there's only Heatran on which toxic would be useful, but for it, HP ground >>> toxic (unless it's carrying air balloon)

really should have been that it allows all poison type moves to hit steel types on top of the current effect

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Also there was another video released that showed the new map.

4d540ee231.jpg

The video highlighted the purple "cyclone" thingy. Seems like it could be a wormhole towards the ultra space. Seems to be either besides Poni island, or above, since it seems to create a shadow over the island. Seems like Poni island is doomed.

Other than that, there seems to be little changed from an overview point of view, besides two things. First, there seems to be a new cave northwest of Melemele.
9786a8772e.jpg

Second, seems like the water bassins northwest of Akala have drained off.
573a869dd3.jpg

Seems like the water level is lower at some points (more beaches!). Also, the palm tree island (northeast) isn't covered by a cloud anymore on that map.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Looks to me that the Alter of the Sunne/Moone is corrupted with Ultra Beast activity.

I'm guessing Necrozma is responsible for this.

Part of me wished that there was an open ended mission format for parts of the game, such as the Aether Foundation would be in ruins and you must help rebuild it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad