Pokemon Thread #22 - Vacationing in Alola

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
*MOD NOTE*: This is the thread for everything about Pokemon that's not Pokemon Go. If you want to discuss Go, use the other, dedicated Go thread located here:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2119253

Pokémon Threads
Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII
Part VIII
Part IX
Part X
Part XI
Part XII
Part XIII
Part XIV
Part XV
Part XVI
Part XVII
Part XVIII
Part XIX
Part XX

HFBoards 5 IV Pokemon - Google Doc

d3c58b087c30eba79654c217a3db82df.png

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Took almost three hours but I got a shiny Grubbin. 4 max IVs in HP, Sp ATK, SP Def, and speed. And a calm nature. Not totally ideal but since it didn't get IVs in Attack, that's not an issue.
Nice, congrats!
How do you do this chaining stuff ??
You get the Pokemon down to low health using a move like False Swipe and then usually it will call for help. You can use an Adrenaline orb to make it more likely to call for help. The shiny rate is higher for Pokemon that get called, probably about 1/512. The more calls you get without leaving the battle, the better IVs it will have and a chance to get its hidden ability.

Here is a guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5d55id/a_guide_to_chaining_for_pokemon_in_sunmoon/

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
So I'm trying to get Encore, Moonblast, and Disable on my Smeargle. Does anyone know where the best spots are to get those moves on it? I've never really done much with Smeargle before.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You weren't kidding about Dhelmise as GTS pokedex bait.

Speaking of I managed to get a 6 IV ditto from Japan and I've been breeding them so if anyone wants a 5 IV Dhelmise (I haven't been locking down any natures) I'm gonna have plenty

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Spent my lunch hour shiny chaining for a Pikipek. 96 encounters later, no luck. How do people get them in like 30 encounters? Wtf

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Spent my lunch hour shiny chaining for a Pikipek. 96 encounters later, no luck. How do people get them in like 30 encounters? Wtf

Good question. I lost count but when you combine my first broken chain I'm pretty sure my Grubbin encounters was pushing 300.

I'm taking a break from Dhelmise breeding and going for Rockruff again. This time I have three U-Turners (two of which have false swipe) because the sand attack crap is really annoying.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
After fishing up a bunch of ~level 40 Wailmer I sure wasn't expecting the first Dhelmise I came across to only be level 10.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Starting to regret this third Rockruff shiny hunt. I'm wasting so much time that I could be spending filling my Pokedex with my Dhelmise's.

I suppose I can always stop and start another hunt later, but I can't bring myself to quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->