Point or Schmaltz

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
POINTS ONLY

I'm only allowed 6 drops/claims for the season, I'm considering dropping Point for Schmaltz since he's centering PKane, I expected Point to start with Kuchy and Stamkos but right now he's centering the 3rd line. I can afford to waste a drop as I don't think I'm going to drop anybody else during the season as I'm confident in all my other guys if they stay healthy.

I'm just wondering if it's worth it, if Schmaltz is going to substantially produce more than Point? I've been thinking about doing it for more than a week but now with Schmaltz getting 2+1 in the opener I'm leaning on pulling the trigger.

Arvidsson
Guentzel
Granlund
Pacioretty
Kessel
Skinner
RyJo
Point

Last edited:

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Schmaltz looked pretty darn good along with the rest of his line. I'd do it but check his injury status first as he left late in the game

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Looks like Point wants no part of my drop, I’ll just keep him for now :laugh:

bobbydigital

Aug 18, 2016
Chicago
Schmaltz looked pretty darn good along with the rest of his line. I'd do it but check his injury status first as he left late in the game
Quenneville said Schmaltz is very likely to play on Saturday, so the injury is not severe. I would drop Point and add Schmaltz. I should add that I am a complete homer but he looked great. The kid is the real deal. Check out the play where Schmaltz got injured. He has great hands and speed. I wouldn't be surprised if he finished the year with 40-50 points.

Evergreen

I wouldn't use up one of my add/drops for a marginal upgrade in points, if that. Point looked great in TB's first game.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Wanted both, took point and then expected to get schmaltz i mentioned him to a friend prior but he heard he was playing with kane and took him next round.

Dont know who i would take, both should be good. If point ever gets back with kucherov and stamkos as well, look out. Cooper raved about that combo then made him second line C.

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
It's a fairly safe bet that Point is going to contribute no matter where he ends up in the lineup. He's found some really nice chemistry with Palat and Gourde (2G, 2A in 2GP) and then if he's moved it'll likely be to play alongside Stamkos and Kucherov. Worth picking up IMO.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Point scored 9 goals and 7 assists in his final 15 games last season and scored 29 of his 40 points from halfway through the season to the end.

You would regret dropping him.

Mind you Schmaltz is also a pretty good candidate. Lots of skill.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Point has 3 goals and 4 assists in 3 games. He's arguably been Tampas best player so far in this early season. Kid looks great, gets a lot of ice time and PP time and doesn't go up against top matchups on other teams.

I picked him up near the end of my draft and was going to trade him, but boy I'm glad I didn't. He's been fantastic so far.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Where in the lineup was Shmaltz playing before he got hurt?
Center for Patrick Kane. Anisimov just can't keep up with Kane and with Panarin gone, they needed speed on that line.

The lines in Chicago
Toews centers Saad and Panik
Schmaltz centers Kane and Hartman
Anisimov centers Sharp and Debrincat

Schmaltz is arguably one of the fastest skaters in the league already and was a 1st round pick in 2014 just waiting for a chance. Well he is getting it because they want speed on that line.

Hartman is a rough and tumble guy who will get points just going to the net while those two buzz around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad