Pogge vs Rask vs Scneider

Bryzga lol*

Poor Pogge, such is life being a Leafs prospect. Win almost every award available and still can't get any respect.

Maybe Rask and Schneider would have won those awards in the same league :dunno:

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Maybe Rask and Schneider would have won those awards in the same league :dunno:

Ah yes, the old "maybe" comparison.

I guess the possibility that Schneider could have won awards makes him better than Pogge.

In fact...if I was in the same league I could have won an award too...

New list...

1-Stack
2-Rask
3-Pogge
4-Schneider

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
No respect? Pretty sure that's Pogge on HF's Top 50, not Schneider.

Poor Schneider, such is the life of an American prospect. Put up very similar numbers to Pogge in a superior league and still get no respect.

Schneider's "lack of respect" stems more from the league he plays in rather than his nationality (IMO). Personally, I don't mind people saying that Rask or Pogge are better prospects, just don't add the ridiculous "I've hardly seen any of Schneider."

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
homer??:sarcasm: :biglaugh: or did you just turn the list upside down:help:

1.rask
2.schneider
3.pogge

Very funny. But not true.

I liked Pogge better even when they were both Leaf prospects so there goes that theory of yours. I also correctly predicted that the Leafs would trade Rask before Pogge.

For some reason Rask's stock went through the roof over the summer.

Oedi

Dec 18, 2005
Richmond Hill, ON

I liked Pogge better even when they were both Leaf prospects so there goes that theory of yours. I also correctly predicted that the Leafs would trade Rask before Pogge.

the old "overrated leaf prospect" theory huh?

Transported Upstater

Ah yes, the old "maybe" comparison.

I guess the possibility that Schneider could have won awards makes him better than Pogge.

In fact...if I was in the same league I could have won an award too...

New list...

1-Stack
2-Rask
3-Pogge
4-Schneider

Stack is STACKED!!!! :bow:

Geese_Howard*

So why are you saying Raycroft and Pogge are greater than Rask and Schneider?

Cause everyone is better then the leafs to that habs homer.... why would you compare 2 goalies from difference oraganizations to the leafs?

I swear, the difference between rask and pogge is slim to say the least, schneider is just behind them..... they are all rather close, we're not comparing Broduer to Yann Denis.... all 3 are close, how you list them is really by personal preferences.

For the record, as a leaf fans, I put Rask #1 slighly ahead of Pogge, Pogge can surpass him if he does well in the AHL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
i noticed that too, somehow without playing any hockey Rask managed to become a better prospect over the summer.

I wonder what happened in the summer?

Well, around hockeys future, his stock skyrocketed as soon as he was traded.

But he really is the superstar prospect he's made out to be, and he SHOULD be in the top ten list sometime in the near future (next season).

LeafDangler

Apr 25, 2006
right now I'd say that regardless of skill Pogge has the best chance of becoming a starting NHL netminder. Rask is beside an even better goaltending prospect in Toivenen and Schnieder is behind one of the best goalies in the world in Luongo. It seems the leafs have put all their eggs in one basket so to speak with Pogge. Keep in mind this is a somewhat biased view.:)

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
right now I'd say that regardless of skill Pogge has the best chance of becoming a starting NHL netminder. Rask is beside an even better goaltending prospect in Toivenen and Schnieder is behind one of the best goalies in the world in Luongo. It seems the leafs have put all their eggs in one basket so to speak with Pogge. Keep in mind this is a somewhat biased view.:)

i dont think its biased, regardless of who anyone thinks is better i dont think many would argue against Pogge having his path to the NHL laid out for him, as a result he should see NHL game time first possibly 3/4 years before Rask.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006

lol. i was just kidding. these goalies are so close that you have to be top scout to really tell who is the best. all these lists are just persional opinions from non-scouts. and maybe everyone is wrong, maybe schneider turns out to be the best of the three. you just never know.

Transported Upstater

Well, around hockeys future, his stock skyrocketed as soon as he was traded.

But he really is the superstar prospect he's made out to be, and he SHOULD be in the top ten list sometime in the near future (next season).

Truthfully, when I saw that Rask was ranked as high as he was, I was shocked (SHOCKED!!!). I didn't think he was at THAT level whether he was our property or not.

RSBPC

Jan 19, 2005
Being a Bruins and BC Eagles fan, I didn't want to throw my list up here just to be accused of blatant homerism, but it seems like most people would agree with me anyways.

Rask>Schneider>Pogge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->