Pogge vs Rask vs Scneider

captaincheat

Sep 13, 2005
Regina, Sask., Can.
1. Rask
2. Pogge
3. Schneider

IMO...They are all very close. It could come down to who gets a break. I think pogge might have the best track right now as I'm not sold on Raycroft. Rask and especially Schneider look like they my see Montoya type pine.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
1. Rask
2. Pogge
3. Schneider

IMO...They are all very close. It could come down to who gets a break. I think pogge might have the best track right now as I'm not sold on Raycroft. Rask and especially Schneider look like they my see Montoya type pine.

i like pogge but he imo wan a benefactor of playing on a strong defense orientated team last year. i believe toronto will regret trading rask. pogge has potential but is overrated. schneider i am biased on and other than saying he is blue chip and carried his team last year to the ncaa final i wont comment on him here.
rask>pogge

Reactions: Bhrangerfan0809

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
schneider i am biased on and other than saying he is blue chip and carried his team last year to the ncaa final i wont comment on him here.
rask>pogge

Schneider carried BC? Yeah, Collins 60 points, Boyle's 50+ and Gionta's 30+ sure didn't do much.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Schneider carried BC? Yeah, Collins 60 points, Boyle's 50+ and Gionta's 30+ sure didn't do much.

you saying he didnt ? there was only 3 games i watched includung the final (where his team managed to score 1 goal). and all reports i have heard is that he is the star and backbone of that team a .930 svp is pretty decent too.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Rask>Pogge
Pogge>Schneider IMO

All are good looking prospects though. Luongo to Canucks makes Schneider iffy in Vancouver.

leafaholix*

1. Rask
2. Pogge
3. Schneider

I think Schneider is a good prospect, but not even close in talent to Pogge, muchless Rask.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Rask and Schneider << Pogge and Raycroft

I'd take Rask & Schneider anyday over Pogge & Raycroft.

In fact, I'd trade Pogge and Raycroft to have a solid goalie prospect in Rask...

reidy

@reidjjackson
I think Schneider is a good prospect, but not even close in talent to Pogge, muchless Rask.

Based on what, exactly? He's probably the best goalie in the NCAA on one of it's top teams, has good size, positions himself well, and is very athletic.

Besides, the numbers speak for themselves. He was pretty damn good on an otherwise abymsal WJC team, and he's gone 37-14-6 at Boston College, with a 2.04 GAA and .926% save percentage.

I hardly think he's "not even close" to Pogge or Rask, and that's coming from a Bruins fan.

Geese_Howard*

Rask
Pogge
Schneider

but its rather close, too hard to really choose...

leafaholix*

Based on what, exactly? He's probably the best goalie in the NCAA on one of it's top teams, has good size, positions himself well, and is very athletic.

Besides, the numbers speak for themselves. He was pretty damn good on an otherwise abymsal WJC team, and he's gone 37-14-6 at Boston College, with a 2.04 GAA and .926% save percentage.

I hardly think he's "not even close" to Pogge or Rask, and that's coming from a Bruins fan.

Having watched him play, he's a goalie that has the puck hit him, he's not as athletic as Rask or positionally sound and talented as Pogge.

AgentNaslund*

not close according to HFboards. Cory Schneider didnt even make the top 50, but then again, HF's top 50 have the least credibility if Schneider's not even there. HIs last season is better then montoya's last season. He set a record in his leauge for longest shut out streak.

Anyhow... not sure about the Raask vs Schneider. But at the moment, I rather have Schnedier over Pogge, Marek Swarzh, and Devin Dubynk. (The 2 other goalie that was drafted ahead of Schnieder.

Whingman

Nov 1, 2005
not close according to HFboards. Cory Schneider didnt even make the top 50, but then again, HF's top 50 have the least credibility if Schneider's not even there. HIs last season is better then montoya's last season. He set a record in his leauge for longest shut out streak.

Anyhow... not sure about the Raask vs Schneider. But at the moment, I rather have Schnedier over Pogge, Marek Swarzh, and Devin Dubynk. (The 2 other goalie that was drafted ahead of Schnieder.

A part of me doesn't understand how Schnieder is left outside of even the Honourable mention while Schwarz got on it. Most Canucks fans have seen Schwarz play for the giants, and he was alltogether un-impressive. And I don't see fifteen games in the czech republic as such a huge step forward. Its not even a case of beign a homer, because any hockey fanin vancouver would have loved to see Schwarz dominate the WHL.

Anyways I think the best of the three goalies, is Rask...I still am scratching my head as to what JFJ was thinking when he traded Rask. For me its a tough call between Schnieder and Pogge and I don't know which way to go, havign gone to the WJC I thought Pogge was very impressive. The only game I saw Schnieder play was for the bronze and he got outshone by a certain finish Goalie. I haven't seen Schnieder enough to make a final judgement, but he certainly carried over his impressive highschool stats into college.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
A part of me doesn't understand how Schnieder is left outside of even the Honourable mention while Schwarz got on it. Most Canucks fans have seen Schwarz play for the giants, and he was alltogether un-impressive. And I don't see fifteen games in the czech republic as such a huge step forward. Its not even a case of beign a homer, because any hockey fanin vancouver would have loved to see Schwarz dominate the WHL.

Anyways I think the best of the three goalies, is Rask...I still am scratching my head as to what JFJ was thinking when he traded Rask. For me its a tough call between Schnieder and Pogge and I don't know which way to go, havign gone to the WJC I thought Pogge was very impressive. The only game I saw Schnieder play was for the bronze and he got outshone by a certain finish Goalie. I haven't seen Schnieder enough to make a final judgement, but he certainly carried over his impressive highschool stats into college.

i didnt know he could think:dunno:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Having watched him play, he's a goalie that has the puck hit him, he's not as athletic as Rask or positionally sound and talented as Pogge.

Please. Schneider is a great athlete. He's quick, agile, and has some great hockey smarts. The kid is BONAFIDE. He played for a decent team and lead them as far as he could. He was his teams shining star. Yes, he had good players around him, but he was by far the main reason they did as well as they did.

I've seen both Pogge and Schneider play (Schneider more-so) and I have never, ever walked away impressed with Pogge the way I, and others, have been with Schneider.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Rask is by far the better prospect in this comparison.

I'd take Pogge over Schneider, but I also have not seen Schneider near as much, and I'm going by the phenominal games I've seen Pogge play. I've yet to see Pogge have a bad game.

Bryzga lol*

It's hard to say who'll do well in the NHL, but Rask has been so impressive from what I've seen. He's from that young batch of goalies (Lethonen, Fleury, Dipietro, Price) that are flexible as gumbi...I can see them all become stars in the NHL.

mooseOAK*

Poor Pogge, such is life being a Leafs prospect. Win almost every award available and still can't get any respect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->