GDT: PO Game 1: Columbus at Washington | 4/12 7:30PM | USA Network/FS-Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

213 Sentinel

Jul 2, 2006
Marysville, Ohio
Evidently not. Porty just tweeted that Wilson gets no hearing and speculated that there wasn't good enough camera angle to judge the hit. Caps clearly had the league calls in their favor last night. Very encouraging from CBJ perspective that the refs couldn't have given more help to Caps and the Caps still couldn't win the game.

Hope Wennberg isn't out too long, but doubtful for Sunday.

If there's been a bigger travesty of officiating in my 35+ years of watching NHL hockey, one does not spring to mind.

I'll continue to say it: As long as officiating is this inconsistent, the NHL cannot be held in much higher regard than professional wrestling by those who only casually watch the sport.

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
If you do not have the puck, you will draw more penalties. In the first period the Blue Jackets had no entry into the war zone.

Four passes break any defence, as happened with the comeback.

Both basic principles of the game which reveal quite a lot.

"Came unto my mind: if I had to in a team ball sports stands differ the whole time with the judgment of the referees; if it would lead into that I had would have to shout all the time with adenoids out: I would stop going to the games."

The Pondering One.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Doughty, 50/50 hit to the head call. No history of suspension. No injury. = 1 game

Anderson, board from behind with injury. No history of suspension. Injury = No suspension.

Wilson, charging with a hit to the head, history of suspension. Injury. = No suspension

WTF?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Washington could just throw up all over themselves on Sunday. The pressure that they're feeling is huge.

If the Jackets go out and play responsibly and Bob is on his game, the the Caps could become very frustrated and the wheels may fall off for the Caps.

Ducking the Pens, however cowardly, was a great strategy.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Washington could just throw up all over themselves on Sunday. The pressure that they're feeling is huge.

If the Jackets go out and play responsibly and Bob is on his game, the the Caps could become very frustrated and the wheels may fall off for the Caps.

Ducking the Pens, however cowardly, was a great strategy.

Imagine coming home with a 2-0 series lead....Nationwide will be absolutely rocking. Goodness.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina

Attachments

• rps20180413_181542.jpg
    rps20180413_181542.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 20

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Damn good reason to lose one. :yo:

I hope to make the Canadian trip one day.

Vanek had the hat trick in Edmonton and before the Calgary game he said he would throw his hat if there was another one that night. I told him there was 0% chance there's would be 2 hat tricks in a row. An hour and a half later his hat was on the ice.
After the game Werenski game him his stick so it was a fair trade. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad