Please send the fines too....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
CHICAGO (CP): The Calgary Flames recent turnabout in form came to a crashing hault last night here in Chicago against the Blackhawks. The Flames, who had compiled a four game unbeaten streak, were shut-out for the first time this season.

Calgary head coach Brian Sutter had only one issue to comment on, the quality of refereeing in the game. "They had seven &*^(ing power plays to our two. Our players were getting roughing calls in that second period for sneezing on Chicago players."

The coach was particularly aggrieved by the charging call on Jon Girard that led to Konowalchuks power-play goal, "That was a fair hit in the neutral zone. We couldn't establish any momentum in that second period, where we had one penalty after another. Tell the league to send me the fines. This was one of the worst nights of refereeing I have ever witnessed in this league."

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
NEWS AND NOTES: The trade winds are blowing through Calgary these days. The team is not satisfied with it's goaltending and rumours that both Raycroft and Hurme will be moved persist. Farm hand Gregg Naumenko has been moved, with a 7th Round draft pick travelling in the opposite direction from Carolina. Rumours that Mike Morrison and Jason LaBarberra have also been moved are unconfirmed.

Calgary is also looking to the future, adding forward Matt Hussey from the Islanders in a deal for late round draft picks.

GM Kershaw noted that he was looking for some size and physical play for his third and fourth lines for the upcoming 06/7 season, noting that the number of soft, skill players on the team was costing the team defensively.

"We can score the goals, we have the firepower, but we cannot keep the puck out of our own net. I know we have two rookies on defence and one in net, and it's difficult to win with so many young players, but we expect and will get better results from those players."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->