Please rank these young defensemen

Boutchy

Please rank these 10 young defensemen for NHL points potential in the next few years...

Keith Ballard
Cam Barker
Kurtis Foster
Eric Johnson
Jack Johnson
Niklas Kronwall
John-Michael Liles
Andrej Meszaros
Dion Phaneuf
Ryan Whitney

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
Sorry, you said points potential. I'm a big Keith Yandle fan. He'll be there in a couple of years. I can't figure out why US fans aren't jumping all over this guy. He's already drafted by the Coyotes. He was the top points defenseman in the Q and won the Q best defenseman of the year. He's currently doing well in the Q play-offs and he's from Mass. I think his play has overshadowed Bourdon ('Nucks pick) and Bartulis (Flyers pick). What does the guy have to do?

burgundynblue

Aug 7, 2005
Dion Phaneuf
Eric Johnson
John-Michael Liles
Andrej Meszaros
Keith Ballard
Niklas Kronwall
Ryan Whitney
Cam Barker
Jack Johnson

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Dion Phaneuf
Niklas Kronwall
John-Michael Liles
Andrej Meszaros
Jack Johnson
Ryan Whitney
Cam Barker
Erik Johnson
Keith Ballard
Kurtis Foster

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Boutchy said:
Please rank these 10 young defensemen for NHL points potential in the next few years...

1A. Dion Phaneuf
1B. Jack Johnson
2. Niklas Kronwall
3. Eric Johnson
4. Andrej Meszaros
5. Cam Barker
6. Ryan Whitney
7. Kith Ballard
8. Kurtis Foster
9. J-M Liles

burgundynblue

Aug 7, 2005
scoutman1 said:
Boutchy said:

1A. Dion Phaneuf
1B. Jack Johnson
2. Niklas Kronwall
3. Eric Johnson
4. Andrej Meszaros
5. Cam Barker
6. Ryan Whitney
7. Kith Ballard
8. Kurtis Foster
9. J-M Liles
Huh, Liles, being young and improving each year, scoring 49 this year, exactly the same number as Phaneuf had, and LAST on your list? Clueless :sarcasm:

Hockey-Freak

Apr 18, 2005
motojime said:
scoutman1 said:
Huh, Liles, being young and improving each year, scoring 49 this year, exactly the same number as Phaneuf had, and LAST on your list? Clueless :sarcasm:

He´s 25, so I wouln´t say he´s young compared to the others. He won´t improve THAT much anymore. You said it already - Phaneuf did the same with just turning 21 (though Phaneuf is hard to beat in any cathegory).

Dion Phaneuf
Eric Johnson (though I like Jack more)
Jack Johnson
Andrej Meszaros
Niklas Kronwall
John-Michael Liles
Keith Ballard
Ryan Whitney
Cam Barker

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
motojime said:
scoutman1 said:

yeah...he is a little older, the other players have like 3 to 4 years less time on him. The other players in the long run I beleive will score more in the future

burgundynblue

Aug 7, 2005
Don't tend to agree with you guys. The question was, who will be most scoring in next few years. Liles, hitting his prime in 2-5 years, will definitely score more.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I'm a Flames season ticket holder...and a huge Phaneuf fan...and I'm not sure How I'd order these in general...but I'd be shocked if Phaneuf was the head of this class in points moving forward...

He's not one dimensional like Marek Zidlicky...Phaneuf will be a beast...but like Scott Stevens his numbers may fade a bit as his musclee play picks up...

I expect Phaneuf to do better then his 49 point season...
but even pulling one name off of there...I expect Ryan Whitney on that PP to absolutely clean up...

remember that Phaneuf is a Flame and fair or otherwise it affects his numbers....if Phaneuf was in Pittsburgh manning that PP I'd expect HUGE numbers like 80 points maybe....

but in Calgary 60-70 may be the peak...

Ryan Whitney is just in such a great situation

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Alpine said:
Sorry, you said points potential. I'm a big Keith Yandle fan. He'll be there in a couple of years. I can't figure out why US fans aren't jumping all over this guy. He's already drafted by the Coyotes. He was the top points defenseman in the Q and won the Q best defenseman of the year. He's currently doing well in the Q play-offs and he's from Mass. I think his play has overshadowed Bourdon ('Nucks pick) and Bartulis (Flyers pick). What does the guy have to do?

What does the guy have to do? Play Basketball or football. It is unfortunate that here in the States junior hockey and college hockey outside of the areas where it is played (Northeast, upper Mid-West) get ZERO press coverage. Finding out information on any league outside of the NHL is extremely difficult, unless you go to the appropriate websites. Hype for future stars is reserved largely for Basketball, and then Football.

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
Dion Phaneuf
Niklas Kronwall
John-Michael Liles
Andrej Meszaros
Ryan Whitney
Keith Ballard
Eric Johnson
Jack Johnson
Cam Barker
Kurtis Foster

HoverCarle*

1.Whitney
2.phaneuf
3.Liles
4.kronwall
5.Meszaros
6.ballard
7.Jack johnson
8.eric johnson
9.cam barker
10. kurtis foster

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Whitney will score tons of points.
For those that rank him under Ballard, they should check this year's numbers.
On a horrible Pens squad (well even worse than Phoenix), Whitney scored at a much better PPG clip than Ballard.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
Dion Phaneuf
Andrej Meszaros
Niklas Kronwall
John-Michael Liles
Ryan Whitney
Jack Johnson
Eric Johnson
Cam Barker
Keith Ballard
Kurtis Foster

Giguere27

Feb 4, 2006
Bavaria
Dion Phaneuf
Jack Johnson
Erik Johnson
John-Michael Liles
Andrej Meszaros
Cam Barker
Niklas Kronwall
Keith Ballard
Ryan Whitney
Kurtis Foster

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
Evilo said:
Whitney will score tons of points.
For those that rank him under Ballard, they should check this year's numbers.
On a horrible Pens squad (well even worse than Phoenix), Whitney scored at a much better PPG clip than Ballard.

Yup, and playing with guys like Malkin & Crosby he is only going to get more points as they all mature..

CH Wizard

Dion Phaneuf
Andrej Meszaros
Jack Johnson
Eric Johnson
Niklas Kronwall
John-Michael Liles
Ryan Whitney
Keith Ballard
Kurtis Foster
Cam Barker

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
NashisCash said:
If points is all you want definitely take Whitney

Why do people think Whitney is terrible defensively? :dunno:

Just because a defenseman is offensively talented does not mean he is a defensive liability

NashisCash

Jan 25, 2006
Peterboreough
superroyain10 said:
Why do people think Whitney is terrible defensively? :dunno:

Just because a defenseman is offensively talented does not mean he is a defensive liability

Where did I say he is terrible defensively? There are just a lot of players on that list who are better than him defensively, therefore if you want the guy with strictly the best offensive potential, I would go with Whitney.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad