Please never put Rick Nash on another team Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Perhaps Rick Nash shouldn't have been on this team... especially for his injury for most of the season. But to say he shouldn't be on the next team is mental. He certainly shouldn't be written in ink on the 2010 team right now. He may or may not be a star. He may or may not win another Rocket Richard trophy. Or he may win 2 or 3 before the next Olympics. You decide who is on the Olympic team the year of the Olympics not 4 years before. And Nash as a 21 year old star is not to blame for our failure. Gretzky and Quinn and the coaches and our veteran players are. Nash deserves little blame and should be considered on his merits in 2010.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
This whole thread is moot. The biggest crock of **** from sore losers in Canada. No, Jason Spezza, Eric Staal, and Sidney Crosby wouldn't have made a difference. Yes, Hockey Canada was ill prepared at all levels for the tournament.

This isn't one players fault.

1) Rick Nash WAS a part of a winning team, the 2004-2005 Davos squad who won the league championship, where Nash was voted best Forward.

2) 2005 World Championships where Rick Nash dominated and led Canada to a Silver Medal.

Rick Nash is going to play for Team Canada again, and guess what? You'll have to sit there and like it, or go find another national team to root for, like Switzerland

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
futurcorerock said:
This whole thread is moot. The biggest crock of **** from sore losers in Canada. No, Jason Spezza, Eric Staal, and Sidney Crosby wouldn't have made a difference. Yes, Hockey Canada was ill prepared at all levels for the tournament.

1) Rick Nash WAS a part of a winning team, the 2004-2005 Davos squad who won the league championship, where Nash was voted best Forward.

2) 2005 World Championships where Rick Nash dominated and led Canada to a Silver Medal.

Rick Nash is going to play for Team Canada again, and guess what? You'll have to sit there and like it, or go find another national team to root for, like Switzerland

Hopefully not the kind of difference Nash made. Not that he should be singled out.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Crosbyfan said:
Hopefully not the kind of difference Nash made. Not that he should be singled out.
Canada got shut out how many times?

Rick Nash wasn't going to score all those goals.

Atleast that's the premise that goes around here about him on HF: If he scores goals, he's Canada's golden child and will be welcomed with open arms with the Leafs, but if he doesn't he's a bust, he's less than Spezza, etc etc.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Nash had a goal taken away against the Swiss and had the best scoring chance against Finland. Where was Sakic, Iginla, Richards, Thorton, etc etc etc? There were alot of problems with TEAM Canada, and there were much bigger ones than Rick Nash.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Kfarschman said:
Did you see the "penalty"! Goalies have been and always will be some of the biggest divers. Nash was playing the puck and I don't even think he touched Nabakov, but Nabakov was like, "oh, guess I'll fall down to get us a powerplay." Horrible call, just like alot of them. I think if goalies want to act like defenseman and play the puck than they should be allowed to be checked into the boards like defenseman so they think twice about it. In the NHL if you want to cut down on goalies playing the puck get rid of the trapazoid and just make them open game. More interesting, more effective, and it goes with their theme of more scoring (especially if the goalie gets checked to the ice).

There are so many things wrong with this paragraph that it fascinates me.

Let's start with the fact that goaltending equipment is not designed to take a check.

Further, goaltending equipment does not allow for the peripheral vision of a regular skater.

Third, goaltenders aren't usually expecting to get hit. The fact that a goaltender falls over from being bumped is more likely a result of this than from him being a "diver".

Fourth, legal or not, a goaltender checked to the ice is going to result in a brawl.

Have you ever played goal?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Doctor No said:
There are so many things wrong with this paragraph that it fascinates me.

Let's start with the fact that goaltending equipment is not designed to take a check.

Further, goaltending equipment does not allow for the peripheral vision of a regular skater.

Third, goaltenders aren't usually expecting to get hit. The fact that a goaltender falls over from being bumped is more likely a result of this than from him being a "diver".

Fourth, legal or not, a goaltender checked to the ice is going to result in a brawl.

Have you ever played goal?

Fifth he took his feet out from under him!

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
nash seems to run into the goalie whenever his team needs a late g. he did vs russia, suisse, and i've seen him do it several times in NHL.

don't know why b/c he must know that's a penalty. :dunno:

this is just the latest of threads bashing canada's disappointments. there are threads for:

thornton, regehr, pronger, mccabe, bertuzzi, iginla, quinn, gretzky, and now nash. did i miss any?

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
How quick some of you are to turn on Nash. At last year's world championships he was a hero and now it's "never put Nash on another team Canada"

Phanuthier*

Rick Nash had a terrible tournament (yet still better then Iginla, Bertuzzi, Lecavlier, ect) but there's no way you leave him off of any future Team Canada rosters. The guy's an incredible player, probably packs the biggest punch of both size and incredibly soft hands.

HockeyMan9

Jul 1, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
MOGiLNY said:
How quick some of you are to turn on Nash. At last year's world championships he was a hero and now it's "never put Nash on another team Canada"

The guy that started this thread has always had it out for Rick, he started a thread here when Nash was selected and he's started at least one and high jacked a few more on the CBJ boards about him. I'd say about 200 of his 225 posts are anti Rick Nash.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
wildone26 said:
I said it before and I will say it again. Rick Nash has NEVER been part of a winning team. He is not a complete player, he is not even as effective an offensive force as potrayed as he showed here, maybe at times he can be, but he is not reliably so and goes through cold spells at any moment. A team will never win with Rick Nash on it. I am not saying that is the only reason they lost in the quarters, I am just saying I know for a fact no team will ever be a winner with Rick Nash on it. Please Team Canada NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER put Rick Nash on another Team Canada ever again, since Rick Nash is dead weight on a team Canada and a team will never be a winner with him on it. Heck you could put him on a junior team and they would probably lose because he was there, I think the London Knights still owned his hockey rights during the lockout and he was of age(20), thank goodness he did not return to them and cost them the Memorial Cup.

Anyway I had resigned myself to the fact Rick Nash would be on many team Canadas in the future, undeservedly so probably, but I had accepted it, and resigned myself to cheer him on as a member of Team Canadas. Now though I have faith after his abysmal performance in Turino, he was the worst forward of all on an overall dissapointing team performance, that the powers that be will see what an overrated commodity he is and disregard him for any future World Championship, World Cup, or Olympics. Thank goodness I will probably never have to see Rick Nash in a Team Canada jersey, pulling dead weight around again. Halaluhah!
You used "team Canada" 7 times in this post.

David

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Nash just needs to learn to play the defensive game.

The one that I had a real problem with was Jumbo Joe Thornton...he was more like a Jumbo Shrimp...d1ckless on all accounts...again!

Then there was Redden, the magician. Disappeared again when going got tough.
Then there was Heatley. He's now caught the same disease that everyone else has been suffering in Ottawa.

Then there was Pronger, who never had the elite level talent to excel at this level. When you take a way his physicality, he's merely just a good defenseman who can be goaded into stupid penalities...then blame others for his mistakes.

Then there was Bertuzzi. He didn't go to jail but it probably would have been better for him if he did and didn't play the Olympics. His kid's kid's are gonna hear about how his grand pop was the idiot who singled handedly killed the game of hockey in Canada as we know it.

Then there was Nash, then there was Lecavlier...

What a shame...in hind sight, we should have sent the actual Junior Squad...they're still kids but at least they have hair on their balls and they would have competed. Where's Steve Downy when you need him?

Aver33

Apr 26, 2002
wildone26 said:
Heck you could put him on a junior team and they would probably lose because he was there, I think the London Knights still owned his hockey rights during the lockout and he was of age(20), thank goodness he did not return to them and cost them the Memorial Cup.

You couldn't be more wrong with that statement. During the 2001-02 season, Nash's last season with the Knights, he was the main reason they beat out top seeded Plymouth in the first round and took a very good Erie Otters squad (Which went on to the MEm Cup that season) took them to the brink. Game 6 in OT before Erie finally eliminated Nash and the outmatched Knights squad who gave it everything.

Better get used to seeing Nash represent Canada in the future. This is just one of those "You learn the hard way" for not only Nash but the other young members of team Canada.

Dion Mustard*

futurcorerock said:

I really don’t understand how people can say this. YES, ONE player could have made a difference. Forget about the round robin. Up until Pronger’s dumb a$$ penalty, this was a one goal game. One player is all it could have taken to go out there and put forth a single effort that resulted in a goal. Then guess what, it’s a whole new ball game. That could very easily have gotten the ball rolling. Another goal could have followed. And guess what, Canada could have won that game.

One player could have made a difference.

And if you bothered to look around, you’d see one player isn’t taking all the blame. But in this case, this particular player is justly and rightfully taking his share.

I was apart of a winning team in my 2004-2005 Men’s rec league. Why wasn’t I invited to play for Canada?

Seriously dude. Davos has being winning championships long before Nash, and more importantly, Joe Thornton ever showed up. This is hardly a feat worth bragging about.

You don’t lead your team to a Silver Medal. No one wins Silver. Nash was invisible against the Czech’s, and that’s why Canada settled for Silver instead of winning Gold.

And furthermore, Joe Thornton dominated. Nash was along for the ride. Don’t believe me, watch the replays from Italy. No production out of Joe, no production out of Rick.

PS, Daniel Briere and Anason Carter have lead Canada to Gold in the past. Why weren’t they included on the team?

Then it looks like Canada will continue to lose. Because after all, Canada can’t win when Rick Nash is on the ice. Losing to Switzerland proves that.

Canada got shut out how many times?

Rick Nash wasn't going to score all those goals.

One would have been nice. I guess that is too much to ask from the guy who’s fans always need to remind every one he was the co-winner of the Richard Award.

Atleast that's the premise that goes around here about him on HF: If he scores goals, he's Canada's golden child and will be welcomed with open arms with the Leafs, but if he doesn't he's a bust, he's less than Spezza, etc etc.

Just for one second, reverse the situation.

See, many people questioned Nash’s selected. Some of us down right hated it. And for the exact reason we disagreed with his selection, is what ended up happening.

So, yes, we have all the right to have our say. Because Lord knows, if things happened differently, those of you who didn’t agree with our assessment would have your say about us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
I though Nash was over-rated when he got 41g and 10a. Alot of people though he was better then Kovy but it doesnt look like it. I also bet someone money that Nash will not get over 30g (before the year started).

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Nova88 said:
I though Nash was over-rated when he got 41g and 10a. Alot of people though he was better then Kovy but it doesnt look like it. I also bet someone money that Nash will not get over 30g (before the year started).

he's on pace for 31 goals this year, looks like you lose your bet

he's also on pace for 50pts in 54 games :dunno: pretty damn solid if you ask me

plus his +/- is even on a horrible defensive team

jacketracket*

Metallian said:
he's on pace for 31 goals this year, looks like you lose your bet

he's also on pace for 50pts in 54 games :dunno: pretty damn solid if you ask me

plus his +/- is even on a horrible defensive team
Don't bother.

Two or three Nash-bashers with a personal hatred of the guy see Team Canada's having laid an egg as a chance to thump their chests and say "I told you!!".

This will undoubtedly be the high point of their lives, and denying them that is cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad