Playoffs Scheduling Information (Second round schedule in post #66)

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
^^ Lol, the GOLF channel. I guess it shows how popular hockey is in the States. I feel like hockey could have so much more potential. Also weird how Winnipeg is on SN instead of CBC. Would Pittsburgh pump that many more viewers than Winnipeg?
NBC is using playoff games on this channel to up its distribution. So it does show how popular hockey is in the states, but not in the way you think

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
If NBC is using the golf channel why is game one of the lightning series on NHL Network? That means people who don't have NHL Network will be blacked out of that game.

The people in the NJ and Tampa regions will still be able to get the local broadcasts.

danderson400

May 21, 2015
There are regionalizing to maximize ratings. Both games will are on NBC in some areas of the country with the other on CNBC. Other parts is reverse.
I'm fine with maximizing ratings- but they should put the Nashville game *after* the Tampa Bay game.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Well on Thursdays and Friday there is actual Golf programming.

I'm not entirely sure why Golf Channel is being used. CNBC just has a Shark Tank rerun marathon on, and NBC has interrupted that for the other nights.

Actually CNBC has an original show, Staten Island Hustle, on that night. And USA has Suits, one of their originals, on that night.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Hi everyone,

I see on Saturday April 14 at 3 pm both nj vs tb and Colorado vs Nashville is scheduled for nbc

Does anyone know which one is correct?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If the Leafs and Bruins game tomorrow goes to overtime is NBC going to switch over the feed to NBCSN? This way they don't need to worry about cutting into Saturday Night Live and they have a history of doing something like that. Remember it happened during the Leafs and Capitals Stadium Series game when the game was delayed due to that power outage.

danderson400

May 21, 2015
If the Leafs and Bruins game tomorrow goes to overtime is NBC going to switch over the feed to NBCSN? This way they don't need to worry about cutting into Saturday Night Live and they have a history of doing something like that. Remember it happened during the Leafs and Capitals Stadium Series game when the game was delayed due to that power outage.
My guess would be CNBC, since NBCSN already has the Ducks-Sharks game.

redwings8831

Jan 16, 2009
NHL announced that Pens/Flyers game 6 is at 3 PM on NBC Sunday. So if the Preds/Avs is necessary, its probably at 7 or 8 EST on NBCSN.

redwings8831

Jan 16, 2009
2nd round schedule is out.

DbrQsXkV4AAz3FG.jpg

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I'm shocked Game 2 of Caps-Pens isn't Saturday Night in primetime on NBC. Are Vegas' local ratings that good?

danderson400

May 21, 2015
Actually, the Kentucky Derby will precede either game. If there is 2 games, then one on NBCSN opposite the Derby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->