Playoffs Scheduling Information (Second round schedule in post #66)

redwings8831

Jan 16, 2009
Now that playoff series are close to being official, information about schedules/TV/etc should start to leak. Any arena conflicts? The NHL probably won't officially announce anything until after the Bruins/Panthers game tomorrow night.

redwings8831

Jan 16, 2009
CBC just announced that Wild/Jets game 1 will be on Wednesday and the Leafs will start on Thursday.

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Devils will start on Thursday or Friday as there are events in Tampa and Boston Wed night

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
TMobile is booked Sat/Sun so Vegas will start Wed/Fri.

Honda Center has an empty calendar until May.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I have to say, waiting for that round 1 schedule is pretty exciting (especially now that my team actually gets to take part). But I love seeing who plays who and when so I can plan my watching!

Have to figure most everyone will have played at least one game by end of day Saturday. Thanks to those who have posted the early tidbits!

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Good chance PIT/PHI is the NBC Saturday night game and TOR gets HNIC.

Doesn't NBC do 3pm games on the weekends? I could see that holding true with the PIT/PHI game as you suggest. Though they like to work in the west teams now and again.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Doesn't NBC do 3pm games on the weekends? I could see that holding true with the PIT/PHI game as you suggest. Though they like to work in the west teams now and again.

For the 1st round I think you're right. But game 1 or 2 of round 2 is the NBC/HNIC combined game that is after the draft lottery.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Full schedule will be released after today’s game.

It’s been rumoured that Toronto will start on Thursday because both Boston and Tampa’s arenas are booked on Wednesday.

So that probably means that Winnipeg will play on Wednesday because with two Canadian teams they’ll certainly have them on alternating days.

T-mobile is booked on the weekend so there's a good chance the Vegas series starts on Wednesday with game 2 being on Friday.

So it looks like there will be 3 games on Wednesday, WPG/MIN, VGK/LA, and then one of the Metro series.

Last edited:

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
Based on my research so far, I think the schedule for the first 2 nights will go like this:

Wednesday
Flyers Pens 700
Jackets Caps 730
Wild Jets 830
Kings VGK 1030

Thursday
Leafs/Devils TBL 700
Leafs/Devils Bruins 730
Avs Preds 830
Sharks Ducks 1030

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Based on my research so far, I think the schedule for the first 2 nights will go like this:

Wednesday
Flyers Pens 700
Jackets Caps 730
Wild Jets 830
Kings VGK 1030

Thursday
Leafs/Devils TBL 700
Leafs/Devils Bruins 730
Avs Preds 830
Sharks Ducks 1030

Would they have the two Metro series starting at the same time?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Full schedule will be released after today’s game.

It’s been rumoured that Toronto will start on Thursday because both Boston and Tampa’s arenas are booked on Wednesday.

So that probably means that Winnipeg will play on Wednesday because with two Canadian teams they’ll certainly have them on alternating days.

T-mobile is booked on the weekend so there's a good chance the Vegas series starts on Wednesday with game 2 being on Friday.

So it looks like there will be 3 games on Wednesday, WPG/MIN, VGK/LA, and then one of the Metro series.

That and Ron MacLean literally told everyone on TV that the Jets will open on Wed. I think he might have some inside info don’t you?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Wednesday
Flyers Pens 700
Jackets Caps 730
Wild Jets 830
Kings VGK 1030

Thursday
Leafs/Devils TBL 700
Leafs/Devils Bruins 730
Avs Preds 830
Sharks Ducks 1030

People who are working at the Arena in Winnipeg have been told 6:30 CT start

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

They may, because the schedule may diverge from there (e.g., one series on Friday and Sunday for games 2 and 3, and the other on Saturday and maybe Monday).

EDIT: Doesn't one of the 8 series typically start Friday? Don't know why I think this, but it's usually 3 series start Wednesday, 4 on Thursday, and 1 on Friday (or a split like that).

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011

Neither Boston nor Tampa can stay Wednesday, so it makes sense for two eastern series to do so, and that means it has to be the Metro series.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
They may, because the schedule may diverge from there (e.g., one series on Friday and Sunday for games 2 and 3, and the other on Saturday and maybe Monday).

EDIT: Doesn't one of the 8 series typically start Friday? Don't know why I think this, but it's usually 3 series start Wednesday, 4 on Thursday, and 1 on Friday (or a split like that).

Yeah sometimes one series doesn’t start until the friday.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Neither Boston nor Tampa can stay Wednesday, so it makes sense for two eastern series to do so, and that means it has to be the Metro series.

It could only be that 3 series start on Wednesday (one east, one central, one west) And then 4 on Thursday, with the last series starting on Friday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad