Speculation: Playoffs (poll added)

How far do we go?

• Total voters

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Unfortunately, I think we are going to lose in the 1st round again. I just don't see a way to beat the Bruins in the first round for us. At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if we made it all the way the ECF.

Reactions: AnishLoomba

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Unfortunately, I think we are going to lose in the 1st round again. I just don't see a way to beat the Bruins in the first round for us. At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if we made it all the way the ECF.
I think we can beat the same way we have all season, that's the plan I would use. I'm saying 2nd round plus. No one scares me this year.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think we can beat the same way we have all season, that's the plan I would use. I'm saying 2nd round plus. No one scares me this year.

We would have to win 2 games in Boston pretty much for sure. That's tough sledding right there. It will be very impressive if we beat them in the first round. If we beat them, then sky is the limit as to how far we can go.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
We'll best the bruins(fairly easily)

We're in their heads, play them very well, and will be incredibly determined with scary memories in their heads. Kadri, Rielly, Gards and JVR especially should be extremely motivated.

I'm honestly quite a realist, and not worried much about Boston.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Anything can happen in the playoffs. Personally I will just be happy with one more seven game series and we play as well as we did last year. If we win a round it would be huge.

Leafers34

Feb 26, 2013
I look at Boston and I’m intimidated, I don’t know why, maybe it’s because they beat us so badly for so long? Their building is scary, having said that, we can beat them, I almost think it’s a coin flip.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!

We're in their heads, play them very well, and will be incredibly determined with scary memories in their heads. Kadri, Rielly, Gards and JVR especially should be extremely motivated.

wow wish I could be as optimistic as you lol, I see a Boston team that is very dangerous, I mean honestly we have a good team, but I believe the B's are better just my opinion of course, but thats what I love about sports anything can happen on any given night!

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I'm expecting a first round like last year...each game close, a couple OTs...so it could go either way.

When Matthews scored in game 4 last year to make it 4-3, I was convinced we were tying it. Then Carrick made that bonehead play a minute later and it was 5-3.

The margin of error is so thin in the NHL playoffs, you can never be sure.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
We've beaten Boston 3 times this year without Matthews. Honestly not very worried about them. Might be naive on my part but I see them running out of gas trying to keep up with a younger and faster team.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I think no matter who play, Tampa or Boston we can win. I would prefer to play Boston. Give us a chance to rid us of the bad juju from that 4-1 blown lead. That and we have owned them and match up so well against them

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I think we lose in he first round but it won't be easy. Torontos a tough out in the playoffs. They're like Carolina in a way in terms of that. With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if we made it past the first round. It would be amazing. My first playoff series win.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
I think if there's a fanbase who should know the regular season means nothing in the playoffs it's Leafs Nation and our history in the early 2000's vs Ottawa.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd

JvR is never, ever motivated. Never.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->