Playoffs, not competitive enough so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Colorado - Nashville has been great so far

Philly not being one of the 6 teams down 2-0 after the ass-whooping they took in Game 1 is a big surprise.

For those of you haven't been watching, the Avs have led for 1/3 of the two Nashville wins. It has been closer than the 5-2 and 5-4 scores would indicate and I am a Preds fan. The Avs scored on both of their first shots in Games 1 and 2. It is a competitive series, unless the Avs drop a game in Denver.

Reactions: Rebels57

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
2 - 0 is not that tough to turn around. All teams down with two games need to win game though.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think the first round in any format rolls like this. Most series end in about 5 games.

Second and third round you see more close games with OT etc.

The first round is typically the best of all playoff rounds. If you go take a sample size of the last 10 years, I highly doubt that 1st round series average 5 games per series.

I think in general, the playoffs have been a bit underwhelming thus far in terms of drama. Winnipeg and Minnesota has been extremely one sided, and Boston/Toronto is not far behind. Anaheim seems to be missing a gear this year. Both Pitt/philly games have been very lopsided.

columbus/Washington had a good start but it's not exactly a sexy matchup. LA/Vegas has been good theatre, but both games have been lopsided in terms of who is carrying the play.

Hopefully, things pick up as the series shift to other rinks. It hasn't been easy to captivate the neutral fan with the way these series are going so far.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
There is always something to complain out on HF.

As for the OP's post, there is a little validity. The Wild and Devils don't even look competitive, but other teams that are down 0-2 like the Kings and Avalanche have played hard and lost close games. For me personally, the amount of 2-0 series coupled with the lack of big market teams even in the playoffs does impact my interest.
Which teams missing do you consider big market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad