Playoffs mode

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Just put my hand on NHL 18 on ps4 after playing like forever to NHL14 on ps3. As the playoffs bracket is known, I tried the playoffs mode, and what a let down... It tooks me forever to place the accurate matchup, and what a surprise I can't control one particular team but all of them?! The playoffs menu is really bad, you can't change the line-up as you wish (because well, EAs accuracy for roster is rubbish!) unless you pick one matchup and change the user team line-up, and even here you can pick only dressed players and can't make in changes with undressed players, so no call up from the minors, no change if one player is injured in real life (if, like me you're a Dailyfaceoff freak and love to be as much accurate with real life roster as you can). Anyone frustrated about it? Old gen NHL had a real good playoffs mode where you could do almost everything with your team.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
You can substitute undessed players in for dressed players. First Just click x on a player in the lineup that you want to substitute out of it than using the r2 button go to the scratched section and click the player you want to sub in. Also once you edit the lines just before a game it does save them so they will be the same for the next game in the series as well.

Other than that I do agree with what you’re saying. The old gen menu for playoff mode was much easier to operate and gave you more freedom to sim in the order you want to. I don’t know why they changed it to begin with. As far as I’m concerned the more customization the better.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->