[PLAYOFFS] (gulp) Craig Adams .....vs Crosby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Did I just type that thread title? Am I drunk already? What's wrong with the world?

I'll eat crow on this one. Small sample = yes, but still this should never be a fair comparison, if even for 1 game. Purpose of this thread is to give credit to Adams, not bash Crosby. I think we all can give some credit to Adams when he plays well. We've waited for this long enough. 5min of fame is now, and we owe it to him for all the terrible stuff (I alone, posted about him).

Craigers (has actually done quite well so far over 7 games)

2 goals for 5v5
0 goals against 5v5
GF% = 100%

5v5 +-/ 60min = +2.38/60min (#4 on the team)
Team 5v5 +- when Adams is OFF the ice = + .41/60min
Adams has done well on the PK as well. -4.37/60min of 4v5 (#2 on team)
1.19pts/60min 5v5

Adams has done all the above while only starting 27% of his shifts in the O-Zone. :amazed: Those minutes suck to compile stats. You are lucky to not be buried in shots against and goals against starting that much in the D zone. This is Jordan Staal type of stuff here. (note: high probability that Adams is riding on Sutter's coat tail), but this is Craig Adams we are talking about. I would think it would be impossible for him to ever string 1-2 games of this together, rather 7. Just the presence of him on a line should make that entire line unable to compile those numbers above (is what I would think after watching the last 5 years of Adams).

Crosby (this is going to hurt)

4 goals for 5v5
7 goals against 5v5 (most on team)
GF% = 40%
1.11 pts/60min 5v5

5v5 +-/ 60min = -1.67/60min (#12 on the team out of 14 forwards)
Team 5v5 +- when Crosby is OFF the ice = +1.80/60min

Crosby has compiled these numbers while starting 61% of his shifts in the O-zone. He is getting prime minutes to both score and dominate the other team, but has been able to make hay with them. The difference of the team's +- when he is ON/OFF the ice is troubling.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...W+RW&f5=PIT&c=0+1+3+5+21+22+23+24+25+26+27+28

http://www.extraskater.com/team/pittsburgh-penguins/2013p

So there you have it. Playoff Craig Adams is better than playoff Crosby. Go tell your friends. :sarcasm: Entire thread is very tongue-in-cheek, but on a serious note, it makes you want to jump off a bridge.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Adams always raises his game in the playoffs, i wish the pens would get more players like that, pens have to many players who play well in the regular season then disappear during the playoffs.

As far as Sid goes, you don't need to look at any advanced stats to know hes been bad, i mean the guy went the entire month of April without a goal.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Adams has still kind of sucked and his lack of speed is one of the reasons the 4th line gets hemmed into their own zone a lot, and he can't get to loose pucks on the PK either. But even if he could, he doesn't clear them so I guess it doesn't matter.

Antaris

Totally Trustworthy
Dec 5, 2010
Sweden
For all the luck Adams gets when a puck bounces off him he still can't dump the puck without flubbing it, clear the puck without flubbing it, skate without being stuck in mud, shoot for an empty net goal without skating away from it, etc.

Adams still gotz to go yo

bfa34b62e3c7f60032b0365fc0526edcdb3ec55ed9c29e1077f24210c9a0aa31.jpg

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Adams always raises his game in the playoffs, i wish the pens would get more players like that, pens have to many players who play well in the regular season then disappear during the playoffs.

As far as Sid goes, you don't need to look at any advanced stats to know hes been bad, i mean the guy went the entire month of April without a goal.

Do you honestly think Adams has been better than Sid in these playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad