Playoffs 2018 Discussion Thread

Who are you Rooting for to Win the Stanley Cup this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I have no idea what to do with the Capitals if they lose this series. Move Kuznetsov? Wilson? Do you even consider trading Ovechkin at that point?

Yes. This is a team that's supposed to have been a cup contender for nearly a decade now, and they've never even made it to a conference finals. At some point they are going to have to admit it's not the fault of Oates, Boudreau, or Trotz and that the players just can't get it done.

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
Even a dynamic player like ovie becomes irrelevant come april

Centres, dmen and goalies are what win cups

Not wingers

i agree generally with what you say, but whilst you need an elite 1C or D (or preferably 2 top centres and a top D), you don't really need a top goalie. you just need a goalie who gets hot or who handles the occasion well. over the past decade, the vezina guys have rarely won the cup. with the centres and d-men, a non-elite player getting hot is great and all, but it isn't gonna carry a team to the cup.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
i agree generally with what you say, but whilst you need an elite 1C or D (or preferably 2 top centres and a top D), you don't really need a top goalie. you just need a goalie who gets hot or who handles the occasion well. over the past decade, the vezina guys have rarely won the cup. with the centres and d-men, a non-elite player getting hot is great and all, but it isn't gonna carry a team to the cup.

Yah okay fair enough

But recently a number of the winning goalies were outstanding all spring.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The Ducks will never win anything with Perry and Getzlaf as their leaders, they're too easily rattled.

fHDgaR4.gif

These guys? Yeah, I always have hated Perry. Understand why he was the 1 person Pavel felt obliged to fight in his career. Now that guy is Marchand for me.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Wow Nashville is struggling with Colorado eh?
I watch Nashville closely. I'm continually underwhelmed with their play. They have really good depth and obviously their top 4D is strong.. but there's never really that intimidating feeling that happens when, for example, Mackinnon+Landy+Rantanen are out there. I don't think they're going all the way this year.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Flower man. Flower and the Knights hit them with the broomstick. I didn't think it would go down like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad