Playoffs 2018 Discussion Thread

Who are you Rooting for to Win the Stanley Cup this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
i am rooting for boston - i've always liked their identity and players. bergeron-marchand-pastrnak is the best line in hockey for 2 years in a row now

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
A late 1st, 2nd round and 3rd round pick absolutely crushing the Leafs and their top 10 picks. Babcock's coaching has also seemed completely subpar so far, I expected their D and goaltending to prove themselves to be weaknesses but still expected Babcock's coaching to make for closer games. Wings never got embarrassed like this.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
babcock having no greatest dman of all time, and a 19 year old datsyuk and a 20 year old zetterberg would get smoked 15-1 against these current boston bruins

lets not kid ourselves

chicago and pittsburgh lost before they won as well

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
I see them running in to cap problems though

Yeah, most likely. However, actually getting talented players in your system is harder than deciding what ones to keep once your up against the cap. Having too much talent is a pretty good problem to have.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
babcock having no greatest dman of all time, and a 19 year old datsyuk and a 20 year old zetterberg would get smoked 15-1 against these current boston bruins

lets not kid ourselves

chicago and pittsburgh lost before they won as well

Yeah, leafs weren't suppose to be a playoff team last season, and surprised everyone by making it. Would say that Babcock is part of the reason why a group of kids were turned into a playoff team as quickly as they were.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
The problem I've always seen with Babcock in Toronto is that he's going to be out of rope with those young kids by the time they'r ready to win.
Babcock's window might only be open 2 more years before those young kids get sick of his shit.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Tatar lost something in his motor. He used to be a pretty dynamic, energetic player who drove the play to the opposition's net.
His shots/60 is down almost 25 percent from it's peak in 13-14.
His Corsi/60 is down close to 30 perent from his first 3 years.
People will say Datsyuk...but Tatar was a great corsi player with or without Datsyuk, and actually more productive without him.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
How do you hint relieving a goalie?
Generally the goalie starts moving around the bench, camera pans to him, announcers say something. You know, a visual clue that might hint at something.

Thougtht for sure there'd be movement from Mrazek on the bench after the fourth goal. Not a fan of Mrazek but knowing how he tends to step it up in the playoffs I'd be rolling the dice for one game with him in the crease.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Generally the goalie starts moving around the bench, camera pans to him, announcers say something. You know, a visual clue that might hint at something.

Thougtht for sure there'd be movement from Mrazek on the bench after the fourth goal. Not a fan of Mrazek but knowing how he tends to step it up in the playoffs I'd be rolling the dice for one game with him in the crease.

Brian Elliot is a Hitchcock goalie. Like most average goalies.
They look awesome behind a good team with a good system.
But they get exposed on teams without coaching, defense and a system.

I think Mrazek publicly questioning Hakstoll was the end of Mrazek there.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I always get a fuzzy feeling inside whenever I hear Ken Daniels doing a national broadcast. Guy is a total pro and deserves it.

Reactions: Konnan511

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Capitals gave up a 3-1 lead, CBJ is currently up 4-3 near the end of the second.

ref is hurt too, the stretcher was brought out. Hes grabbing his left knee.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
jackets trying their hardest to lose the game

they've taken like 4 penalties in the final 10min of this third period , caps tied it. Now caps are on the PP for the final 2min of the 3rd.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I have no idea what to do with the Capitals if they lose this series. Move Kuznetsov? Wilson? Do you even consider trading Ovechkin at that point?

Reactions: 14ari13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->