Playoffs 2018 Discussion Thread

Who are you Rooting for to Win the Stanley Cup this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
What a horrendous non-call in the Pens vs Flyers game.
I don't like believing that the league has a Pittsburgh bias, but sometimes it seems so obvious that I have a hard time not believing it. The ref is staring at a blatant penalty and chooses not to call it for absolutely no reason.

Philly fans are so upset they're chucking stuff on the ice.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
The Flyers are such a terrible organization. Got to be really embarrassing to be a fan of that team.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
I don't like believing that the league has a Pittsburgh bias, but sometimes it seems so obvious that I have a hard time not believing it. The ref is staring at a blatant penalty and chooses not to call it for absolutely no reason.

Philly fans are so upset they're chucking stuff on the ice.

From a marketing perspective, the league most definitely has a Pittsburgh bias. Crosby is still the face of the NHL. As for the call, I bet that ref's "reasoning" was that Letang had just come out of the box and it would be "awkward" sending him right back in. Complete joke. f*** the Pens. I hope they get rocked next round both physically and on the scoreboard. At least we got our 3rd.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Hackstoll shouldn't have pulled the plug on Mrazek. He could have given the Flyers a shot.

But Hackstoll is another idiot in the NHL coaching ranks. He's close to Blashill level.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Hackstoll shouldn't have pulled the plug on Mrazek. He could have given the Flyers a shot.

But Hackstoll is another idiot in the NHL coaching ranks. He's close to Blashill level.
That really isn't something to fault Hackstol for, considering Mrazek isn't very good.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
That really isn't something to fault Hackstol for, considering Mrazek isn't very good.

No, what I fault Hakstol for is a nightmare defensive effort.
I watched a lot of Flyers games and they don't have any resemblance of a defensive system.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Pretty impressive how caps were able to bounce back. Still think goaltending issues will ultimately doom them in again

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Easier than cheering for the Bruins.

22_zpsnlypgqav.gif

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Tampa's road to the Finals is gonna be a huge joke if Toronto beats Boston.

Not that i think Boston will beat Tampa, but going against Fredrick Andersson and his 3.30 GAA/.909 S% is far more appealing than Tukka Rask.

SpartyOn

May 3, 2011
Michigan

Not that i think Boston will beat Tampa, but going against Fredrick Andersson and his 3.30 GAA/.909 S% is far more appealing than Tukka Rask.

I might be in the minority, but Andersen has been the Leafs MVP (maybe Marner) and that .909 save percentage isn't reflective. I honestly think he is hotter than Rask right now... the defensive difference between Boston and Toronto, now that is a different story.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto

Beyond just Rask vs Andersson I feel like Tampa and Toronto are two very similar teams but Tampa is just straight up better. Stamkos>Matthews, Kucherov>Marner, Hedman>Rielly, etc. all the way down the line. Boston plays a different style from Tampa entirely and could shut them down. If it's Bolts-Leafs, I feel pretty good about Tampa's chances of reaching the conference finals. Boston, I'd still bet on Tampa but it's a tough call.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I just want game 7 to go to 52 OTs and the final winner to be so physically and emotionally wrecked, that they lose to TB by 20+ in the sweep.

The only way I could hate the match-up more is if they somehow found a way to involve Avs fans.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I feel nothing matters until Pittsburgh is out. They get a Philly team with no D and goaltending in the 1st, and then a team that never makes it past the 2nd. It’ll be the ECF where they get their first opposition. Right now the East still belongs to Pittsburgh.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Great coaching by Babcock in this series, he's seriously out coached Cassidy and has found a way to make the Bruins top line a liability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->