Pre-Game Talk: Playoff Watch: Possible Opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Who do we want ? Seems that Nashville and LA aren't going to happen at all.

We have Ducks, Sharks, and Vegas. Put news and possible scenarios as they update with future games concluding. Exciting times! Updates in general

I'm leaning towards the ducks.

From the ducks board for the Kings to play the Ducks this is what needs to happen :So SJ at 100 with 1 game left. LA at 98 with 1 game left. LA wins the tiebreaker with SJ. I'd prefer to avoid the agony of a Ducks-Knights series as long as possible and would welcome a rematch with the Kings.

If we can win out and the Sharks lose and the Kings win Saturday we'll get home ice against LA.

Reactions: KingTrouty

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Who do we want ? Seems that Nashville and LA aren't going to happen at all.

We have Ducks, Sharks, and Vegas. Put news and possible scenarios as they update with future games concluding. Exciting times! Updates in general

I'm leaning towards the ducks.

From the ducks board for the Kings to play the Ducks this is what needs to happen :So SJ at 100 with 1 game left. LA at 98 with 1 game left. LA wins the tiebreaker with SJ. I'd prefer to avoid the agony of a Ducks-Knights series as long as possible and would welcome a rematch with the Kings.

If we can win out and the Sharks lose and the Kings win Saturday we'll get home ice against LA.

They will all be tough opponents. Vegas would be cool for the novelty, but I'm honestly happy the Kings made the playoffs and have had a very nice rebound year from their core players.

Now the secondary scoring needs to step up.

Reactions: MsMeow

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I think SJ will be the easiest of the three, Vegas in the middle, and ANA the toughest,

SJ without Thornton, will find playoff hockey tougher, I don't know if you can run with Couture and Pavelski as your top two Cs in playoff hockey, they aren't as deep as they were before, just not scared of anyone on that team taking over a game like Kopitar can.

Vegas, gonna be a us against the world team, absolutely ZERO to loose, will play loose, and that's always a scary team to play against.

Ducks are healthy for the most part, yea no Fowler, Gibson may be back, but Getzlaf, Kesler, Henrique down the middle is the toughest C depth of the three, they also play a similar style with LA etc, I think it's one helluva grinding series.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Vegas, I still think that team wins because they put forth tremendous effort every game, now other teams are raising their game the last couple of weeks and Vegas is starting to show dents in the armor (yes pun intended)

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Vegas scares me, just look at their pp/pk totals. The league is helping them in some capacity for sure. We will be on the Pk all The time against Them lol

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Vegas scares me, just look at their pp/pk totals. The league is helping them in some capacity for sure. We will be on the Pk all The time against Them lol
Just get in their heads like we did the last time we played them. The gameplan is there. If they're dumb enough to play Reaves, even better.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I am starting to come around to the idea of playing the Sharks, especially if we have home ice. It largely depends on if Thorton will be out or in for the first round. If he is out, our center depth is better and center depth is critical for the playoffs. The Ducks are the toughest competition even without Fowler. They are insanely deep.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I am starting to come around to the idea of playing the Sharks, especially if we have home ice. It largely depends on if Thorton will be out or in for the first round. If he is out, our center depth is better and center depth is critical for the playoffs. The Ducks are the toughest competition even without Fowler. They are insanely deep.

Even if Thornton comes back, he's going to need action to get into game shape and get up to speed in regards to timing. He's also 612 years old and potentially coming back after missing a couple months.

The older you get, the harder it is to come back from injury, the body doesn't respond as well as you get on in years.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Even if Thornton comes back, he's going to need action to get into game shape and get up to speed in regards to timing. He's also 612 years old and potentially coming back after missing a couple months.

The older you get, the harder it is to come back from injury, the body doesn't respond as well as you get on in years.
Joe Methuselah Thornton.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Muzzin has to be able to play and play effectively for them to have a chance. The fact that he isn't even touching pucks yet during his rehab is concerning.

I feel like Anaheim is going to slip themselves in to that WC1 spot for the match-up they really want in Vegas. I fully expect LA to win tomorrow and for Arizona to at least get a point against ANA in their last home game/fan appreciation day.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Esteban Tornado

Mar 28, 2014
Las Vegas
Any of the 3 will be a great matchup.
Anh just because they are hated.
SJ for redemption from the last playoff series
VGK to end the fairy tail season.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
No matter who the opponent, my expectation is the series goes to 7 games if the Kings lose. Losing a short series is going to make the year feel like another disappointing season. I want Vegas for most of the reasons folks have already listed. But also because I don’t know if their style translates to the playoffs.

I think it remains to be seen if they can try and outskate you every night when playing 4 games in six days. Plus the refs usually relax the interference penalties in the playoffs, which should work out in the Kings favor. And you have to question Fleury’s durability when facing a team like the Kings.

For LA, if both Forbort and Muzzin get back for game 1 or 2, I feel like we’ve got the edge in talent. It will be interesting to see the odds whenever they come out for the nhl.

I’m in Vegas next week for work, but I don’t think I’ll be there to catch a game. If their is a Kings game there on Weds night, I may have to rebook my flight home. No matter what I’m going to put some bets down while I’m there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad