GDT: Rangers at Flyers. It has come down to this.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
And of course Jersey loses, Florida could've been 3 back with 3 in hand. That said, the next 2 nights, if Florida beats MTL and OTT, NJD plays in San Jose, CBJ plays in Boston in NYR. Assuming CBJ splits Florida would be 4 back with 3 in hand going into Thursday's huge game, and 1 or 3 back of NJD heading into the weekend depending on how they do vs the Sharks, and they play a b2b in Pit and home to fresh Tampa.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
It's definitely between us and New Jersey, to keep us in it though, we need both wins tonight and tommorrow. A loss in either game basically kills our last remaining hope I think.

and to think I'm going to the game tommorrow... gonna be a goddamn mess.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
CBJ is still in our sights, they play BOS and NYR on back to back nights, we have the favourable matchups and then we play them on Thursday.

If we can win back to back and CBJ loses at least one in regulation, we can definitely put them in trouble if we beat them in regulation Thursday, we'd be back 2pts with 3 games in hand. Time to go on another 4-5 game win streak.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I think we're going to need something stupid like 9-3-1 to get in.
We might.

Sportsclubstats says 8-5 gives us a 79% chance.

9-3-1 gives us a 99% chance.

7-3-3 gets us 88%.

8-4-1 gives us a 90% chance. Doesn't seem too hard if we can put together some wins.

Of course sportsclubstats projects are heavily weighted to recent records.

The scary is thing is we have 3 regulation losses left this year. The Edmonton loss really stings.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
95 or 96 points might be enough for the #6 seed already. The teams ahead won't be all going way above .500. This doesn't add up, but we can keep that as a target sure. =)
It does add up though. Not sure why they can't all go above .500.

NJ has a handful of games against teams below them in the standings but it's possible the teams they play who are above them in the standings rest players. Same with CBJ. Same for us. No reason all the teams who need to win, can't play above .500.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I think the most interisting upcoming Game, will be against CBJ. I mean you win you gain 2 Points without CBJ get any Points out of the Night. So a regular Time win would be the bets option for the Night, also in the matter of ROW by Point equals during Panthers and BlueJackets.
But for that the whole Team, from Golaie to the Top Forward must accept the challenge of WildCard race. When they getting tired after the long Point run, there will be not much Room to speak about a PO Race.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Whoever stays hot until the end gets in.

For us it pretty much means Lou has to get back into form. Or maybe just let Reims play rest of the games.

Sorry im super unhappy with loungos movement since he is back from the Injury. The Agility is gone, also unable to push with legs from one to another Side. Wasn´t that also the Movement befor the last Injury, think about it. if that doesnt get better and we will see tonight, then i would play with Reimer in the Net against all fast team and Teams who are moveable Goalie is needed.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Sorry im super unhappy with loungos movement since he is back from the Injury. The Agility is gone, also unable to push with legs from one to another Side. Wasn´t that also the Movement befor the last Injury, think about it. if that doesnt get better and we will see tonight, then i would play with Reimer in the Net against all fast team and Teams who are moveable Goalie is needed.

Like I said in the last GDT, I think Lou's time is up as a clear cut starter. He probably shouldn't play more than 40-45 games per a normal calendar year. He shouldn't be playing as much as he did in his mid 20s.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
All due respect guys but anything but praise for Lu since his return is absurd.

He still makes the truly toughest saves look easiest.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
All due respect guys but anything but praise for Lu since his return is absurd.

He still makes the truly toughest saves look easiest.

He gives us some wina. But to ignore that his movement is near 0, that is something you can´t ignore.
Interisting that toughest saves looks easy has something to do with his Agility. I would be wrong if i remember right, after he layed on the Ground getting up slow, someone make a save for him.
Its always bring up some Argument, whitout getting into the Point you answer on.

Bobblebee

Formerly Optimus Reim
Dec 22, 2015
B.C.
We return to the classic 3 points behind of New Jersey with 2 games in hand.

We play tomorrow against Ottawa.

Devils play the Sharks.

Last edited:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Looks like that the Cats obstacle for making it to the playoffs will the Devils. Co-Lumbus is on its way to challenge the Flyers in the Metro and the Devils are facing a lot tougher calendar than the rest of the teams in the mix. Whether the Cats make it, it'll be down to one or two points, or maybe even based on the ROWs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad