kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kopitar-Pepto-Bismol-960x540.png

giphy.gif

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
2014 was one of the greatest playoff runs I've ever seen. In any sport.

The elation I felt when Martinez scored that OT goal against Chicago was one of the best feelings I've ever had as a sports fan. I was in a bar watching the game and was on cloud 9 afterwards.

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
I'll always remember the 2012 finals game 3. It was on birthday June 4th, kings win 4-0. Finally min or so, I start crying. I'm not talking about a few tears, I'm talking like someone just murdered my family. Kinda dawned on me that my diehard fandom, was finally being rewared. Such a cathartic moment.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I think a 2012 type run could happen sometime again in the NHL. Not sure we will ever see a team come back from 0-3 and win three game sevens on the road in the same year.
Yeah, 2014 was a different kind of run. Very unlikely it will ever be duplicated.

As Kings fans we will likely never see a team with that mix of guts, leadership, and skill.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I nearly exploded when this happened.

Deadmarsh was such a bad ass.
Pure bliss. ****. Just listen to Bobs reaction.

I am just grateful this is no longer in the top 10 of the greatest moments in Kings history for me.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
in 12 I had to go to vegas for a conference ( love to have to go to vegas for work )for games 1 and 2 and watched from hotel room at the Palms and from the sports book , you could see the way DD and Kopi had a different look to them and Richards leading the way with his Big dog balls lol , truly a great team ............as for crying HELL yea we cried after decades of great moments only, triple crown line , Miracle on Manchester , Figueroa Frenzy, 93 run , " the trade " , Luc , could go on for awhile with great guys and moments but most of us were there for all of this and to finally get a CUP.......some lady comes up to me at a car wash 2 weeks after the finals and having seen my stickers on my truck asked if I had cried that night and before I could answer went off on her husband " this SOB didn't cry when we got married ,when we had any of our children or even when family members died but kings win the freaking cup and he cried like a 2 year old " lol good times good times , definitely ready for more
GO KINGS GO

Last edited:

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
Funny I was just watching the 2012 and 2014 championship DVDs last night after the Blues choked away the game against the Blackhawks and got definitely pumped up! Still can't decide which Cup is sweeter as both were equally historic for different reasons - but have to lean towards 2012. The first is always the most special - even if it's not the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad