Speculation: Playoff Avatars!: Request yours inside

What should our playoff avatar theme be?

• Spirit of ‘88

Votes: 40 32.3%
  • Rick and Morty

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Spider man

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Cangi

Votes: 48 38.7%
  • Wrestling

Votes: 12 9.7%
  • Gordon Ramsey

Votes: 13 10.5%
  • All the memes

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • Anime

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Other (write in)

Votes: 8 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
And here we are folks. It is time to select the theme for the 2017-18 New Jersey Devils Playoff Avatars. Been a long time. First the rules.

We will have a poll open for two days with a list of choices. You are allowed to pick two choices. Please post and rank your two choices in the thread below along with voting in the poll.

The choice with the most votes will win. In the event of a tie, the choice with the most 1st place votes will win. In the event of a second tie I will flip a coin. There will be a written in “other” choice, but for it to win, one single Other idea has to be the winner.

Now for the choices.

Spirit of ‘88: 30 years ago this week the New Jersey Devils clinched their first playoff birth. Now the Devils are back. This theme would feature the players of that 88 team featured with the 18 team.

Rick & Morty: One of the boards first memes this season. Rick and Morty has many winning streaks this season and gave us Pickle Blake.

Wrestling: Taylor Hall loves Ric Flair and his “Woooo”, and he is now a member of Undisputed Era. Players who represent specific wrestlers old and new.

Cangi Memes: Steve Cangilosi has taken on a life of his own this year in meme form. This theme would feature all the greats. Banana Cangi, Old Cangi, Upside down Cangi, Action Bronson Cangi, and of course Classic Cangi.

Spider-Man: when we needed a win, Spider man was always there. Would be based around the old Spiderman cartoon which is so full of memes.

Anime: because we have some weebebos on here.

Gordon Ramsey: a late arrival, featuring gifs of our favorite chef saying stuff.

General Meme theme: why stick to one meme when you can do them all? All our memes this year would get a shoutout with this theme, but none would be heavily featured.

Again vote for two and rank your two picks in the thread.

We do need volunteers to actually make these, and anyone who is willing to help with ideas and getting images together I imagine will be welcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dialamo and JK3

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Spider-man

Cangi

I think it should be Spidey because it really feels like his spirit was there during a lot of our tough times this year as a go-to stopper of losing streaks. Cangi's a distant second for the lulz factor.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
cangialosi.jpg

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Spider-man

Cangi

I think it should be Spidey because it really feels like his spirit was there during a lot of our tough times this year as a go-to stopper of losing streaks. Cangi's a distant second for the lulz factor.

Honestly I find Cangi funny, but I think it is way too inside a joke for this. Works better for a GDT IMP

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
gordon because playoff clinch or spiderman because it seems a lot of winning streaks started/losing streaks ended with that meme.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Gordon may have got us across the finish line but you're lying to yourself if you don't think Cangi's delicious calls did the bulk of the work

But I'd be fine with either lol

Reactions: Darkauron

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cangi and wrestling for me.

I don't watch modern day wrestling, but I think I relate to wrestling more than anime, Spider Man, Rick and Morty, Ramsay, etc. Not that I don't like those things, I just don't follow much of them. Spirit of 88 is cool too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad