Playoff Avatars/GDT's

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Haven't seen any discussion of this yet. I have always been somewhat meh about playoff avatars but I know they have been popular in the past. I don't know if we still have posters with the graphics skills to create them but I thought I'd start a thread for discussion to give us a week or so to come up with something if desired.

Also, I'd like to nominate Jonesy to do our playoff GDTs again this year if he's willing and able. He did a great job last year.

I know several posters have had long win streaks in the regular season and the recent bare bones GDTs have had success, but as most of you know, in the playoffs, the home teams GDT gets put on the main board, and thus has to meet minimum content requirements. Obviously I'm not the board parliamentarian and so this isn't gospel just a starting point for discussion.

Reactions: Jonesey

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
As was mentioned, I'm more concerned about having good playoff GDTs than I am playoff avatars. Easy for me to say though because I can't make any good ones.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
9", Seeing yours reminds me the new boards don't support .gif avatars, which may be why nobody seems to be doing much as far as playoff designs this year...

Kebs

Def not just a zombie tiger typing
Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
Avatars blue and gold with the words "Just F#$%!@% Win", there done. Simple, and gets the point across.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
If we had the multipanel avatars I was going to suggest a take on "They Live"

First panel: player
Second panel: "...is all out of Bubblegum"
Third panel: logo

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I had a former co-worker who grew up in Augusta and it was pretty crazy to hear some of the stuff that goes on there during Masters week.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
9", Seeing yours reminds me the new boards don't support .gif avatars, which may be why nobody seems to be doing much as far as playoff designs this year...
Animated GIF avatars are supported; it's just that all the ones that already existed at the time of the changeover had their animation frames discarded. Existing ones are broken, but new ones are just fine.

If you want to see an example, take a look at the playoff avatars the Lightning fans are sporting.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Animated GIF avatars are supported; it's just that all the ones that already existed at the time of the changeover had their animation frames discarded. Existing ones are broken, but new ones are just fine.

Yeah I noticed this in the playoffs board thread but I'm guessing we eschew avatars just like we did last year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad