Playoff announcers

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
Which series will Doc and Co. get assigned to? No huge juicy large market series between two teams.

Listen, i know Doc is beloved by a lot of people but i dont understand how he became "the guy" for all the big market match-ups. I'm really not a fan of his play by play and i think there are probably a lot of guys doing play by play for other clubs that are as good if not better. Really, the only thing i do enjoy is his insight (when he provides it) and his grandfatherly like temperament.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
I wonder if NBC will put Brendan Burke on the Isles-Canes? Maybe not because he's their in-season announcer, but he would certainly bring knowledge to the call.

NancyNC

Jun 22, 2006
John Forslund said he will be announcing Canes-Isles for NBC. (At least that is how I interpreted his tweet re: doing the game when he said "I am thanks")

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
I should have checked Twitter. Brendan Burke is doing the Blues-Stars and Sharks-Avs.

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
Listen, i know Doc is beloved by a lot of people but i dont understand how he became "the guy" for all the big market match-ups. I'm really not a fan of his play by play and i think there are probably a lot of guys doing play by play for other clubs that are as good if not better. Really, the only thing i do enjoy is his insight (when he provides it) and his grandfatherly like temperament.

Much prefer Gord Miller. Not a big fan of Doc.

Reactions: MB11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad