Playing first game in 10 years tonight..

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
have fun and pack a double bagged ziplock freezer pack with 3 cups water, i cup isoporpyl alcohol...makes a great ice pack. be sure to stretch out after, hot soak and stretch again, might help the "day after" soreness.

Medical Waste

Jan 25, 2007
Toronto
Thanks for the tips.
It was really tiring! But a lot of fun.

My mistake was not drinking water before the game and only having one bottle of gatorade. I was already thirsty after I put my equipment on!

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Thanks for the tips.

My mistake was not drinking water before the game and only having one bottle of gatorade. I was already thirsty after I put my equipment on!

There's a trade off there. When I do drink water beforehand, I always gotta go take a leak, especialy after I get all my gear on. The cold doesn't help either, lol.

Gino 14

Aug 23, 2006
Thanks for the tips.

Some of that is caused just from nerves. The old cotton mouth syndrome.

EmptyNetter

Jun 22, 2006
North Shore, MA
Thanks for the tips.

I've learned water, and plenty of it, is always best during a game. The worst is any water with artificial sweeteners. :p: Did you play one set position or was it just take over for whoever came off the ice last?

crashlanding

Nov 29, 2005
Chicago
I've learned water, and plenty of it, is always best during a game. The worst is any water with artificial sweeteners. :p: Did you play one set position or was it just take over for whoever came off the ice last?
I've found that when I drink too much water during a game it makes me feel kind of full and slow. I drink lots of water during the day before a game and then take small sips during the game.

spamojones

May 17, 2004
Vancouver
Okay, so it's not a game, and I didn't think that this merited its own thread, but today was my 2nd time on the ice since I was a wee gal (only skated in elementary school on our trips to the rink).

It was great! I felt a lot better on the ice today than I did two weeks ago, and I even learned how to skate backwards (sort of) thanks to some friends that were with me. I tried to stop, but it didn't really work...that's next week hehe. I'm pretty stoked for skating next week, not only to see what I can do, but because next week I also start my skating lessons! So that means I'll be hitting the ice twice in a day for a few weeks!

I just wanted to say thanks to those of you who are regular posters in this particular forum. Your advice and encouragement for others has been wonderful, and I have been so thankful for the advice given to us newbies. I cannot wait until next year when I finally start playing hockey...I've always wanted to and well, I can afford it now!

Slick

Oct 17, 2005
Western Mass
I just wanted to say thanks to those of you who are regular posters in this particular forum. Your advice and encouragement for others has been wonderful, and I have been so thankful for the advice given to us newbies. I cannot wait until next year when I finally start playing hockey...I've always wanted to and well, I can afford it now!

Good luck. So long as you have the dedication to do it, you'll be fine.

Hank19

Apr 11, 2005
Okay, so it's not a game, and I didn't think that this merited its own thread, but today was my 2nd time on the ice since I was a wee gal (only skated in elementary school on our trips to the rink).

It was great! I felt a lot better on the ice today than I did two weeks ago, and I even learned how to skate backwards (sort of) thanks to some friends that were with me. I tried to stop, but it didn't really work...that's next week hehe. I'm pretty stoked for skating next week, not only to see what I can do, but because next week I also start my skating lessons! So that means I'll be hitting the ice twice in a day for a few weeks!

That's great! Good luck with your classes and hopefully you can get in a league soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad