Playerunknown's battleground

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I'd wait for the official release at this point, then give it a week or two to ensure the kinks are worked out if you're worried about the smoothness/stability.
Still might be doable this month then.
Isn't the official release next week on the 20th?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Even with it being a far from finished product it's still really fun. I can usually always get into the top 40, my highest so far is 9th out of maybe 5 or 6 gsmes that I've played so fzr.

I can definitely see how fun this game could be once it's fully finished and optimized.

Add 3-5 more maps and maybe another mode or two?

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
It's worth noting that this game will offer modding as well, so we're only seeing the beginning of the game's potential and it's already freaking fun.

The only thing holding the game back has been the optimization but it's getting better and better and they've been working hard on it since going EA.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I feel like if anything the price is going to go up. They're selling a completely unfinished, still needs a lot of polishing game for 30,whats the finished product with a lot more content going to cost?

Brendan Greene did say they feel $30 is a good price for it and they plan on keeping it at that. If it were going to go up, it would have done so by now.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I can't get a handle on if this thing runs well on xbox or not.

You have legit credible sources like Gertsmann saying it runs like ass on both the standard Xbox or the Xbox one X, and then you have people on twitch running it with almost no issues, then the guy streaming next to him has the game look like a PS2 era game.

I guess i can't really be shocked given high end PC rigs sometimes can't even run the damn thing.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I can't get a handle on if this thing runs well on xbox or not.

You have legit credible sources like Gertsmann saying it runs like ass on both the standard Xbox or the Xbox one X, and then you have people on twitch running it with almost no issues, then the guy streaming next to him has the game look like a PS2 era game.

I guess i can't really be shocked given high end PC rigs sometimes can't even run the damn thing.
I'm on an XB1X and it's pretty good for the most part, I've had to connectivity issues, but it's very likely those were on my end. Frame rate has been choppy here and there but not enough to effect game play any.

Just finished 3rd in a squad game, slowly getting use to the controls.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

I know it's the original Xbox One, but how the **** is this acceptable by any standards? PS2 graphics would do better than this nonsense.

I was afraid of issues when I heard PUBG was announced for Xbox One.

The game runs like ass on expensive high end PCs. The amount of work to optimize it for the original Xbox seemed unlikely to happen.

Last edited:

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

The game runs like ass on expensive high end PCs. The amount of work to optimize it for the original Xbox seemed unlikely to happen.

? I dont have a high end machine and I almost never have problems. Only problems I get are server problems

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
? I dont have a high end machine and I almost never have problems. Only problems I get are server problems

"Like ass" was a bit of an exaggeration, but it experiences pretty intense frame drops even on high end hardware, and uses a ton of power for a game with very outdated graphics.

The optimization adventure on PC has been well recorded. I didn't expect it to be fixed for the Xbox. After all, it is still technically in "Early Access".

My first reaction to the Xbox announcement was "I wonder how they'll get that to work?". Evidently, the answer is "not well".

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

I'm not getting anything close to those horrible graphics on that video with the X, that being said the graphics are not great but I understand they are like that on PC as well.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Wow....

So I'm playing squad and I hop in a dune buggy and go pick up one of my other teammates, meanwhile the other two roll up in car the other dude hops out and gets in and they sit and honk and I take off because it's not a bad idea to be split up into different vehicles. So I go over a hill and get some air, get spun around and they come over it and hit me.

Then the proceed to get out and shotgun me to the face and then while I'm bleeding out they do it again and take my shit... Like we're talking maybe 3 minutes into the game..

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I'm not getting anything close to those horrible graphics on that video with the X, that being said the graphics are not great but I understand they are like that on PC as well.

Well they sure aren't stellar anywhere. Graphics aren't really a selling feature.

The X has the horsepower to run it at an okay rate. The original Xbox (like my poor little 500GB over here :laugh:) ...

The sub-par optimization is okay for an Early Access title (it's kind of par for the course there and you know what you're getting into with Steam Early Access), but being released on Xbox in this state is a bit rude IMO.

Last edited:

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Came in 2nd during my first duos game on the new map. I think once I get a hang of the new building layouts and learn to use the hills, I should be able to start winning on this map. It’s nice, though. I think I like it more than the original map.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Honestly, I never get mad if I kill the guy driving a car that eventually hits me and kills me :laugh:.

It completely encapsulates the highs and lows of the game. "YES!, I killed him!" followed quickly by a "OH CRAP, forgot to get behind something when shooting..." then a *sigh*.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Came in 2nd during my first duos game on the new map. I think once I get a hang of the new building layouts and learn to use the hills, I should be able to start winning on this map. It’s nice, though. I think I like it more than the original map.

New map is good. The layout of the new buildings has definitely slowed the game down for me in the early stages since you have to actually think about where to look, but the terrain is so much better I think.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
It completely encapsulates the highs and lows of the game. "YES!, I killed him!" followed quickly by a "OH CRAP, forgot to get behind something when shooting..." then a *sigh*.

When I died, I was prone somewhere and this guy was basically hunting people with his buggy (we were the last 20 left) to run over :laugh:. There was no where to run or hide.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
New map is good. The layout of the new buildings has definitely slowed the game down for me in the early stages since you have to actually think about where to look, but the terrain is so much better I think.
Definitely agree with the slow beginning game. And depending on where you drop, mid game can crawl at a snail’s pace, too. Unless you drop into Los Leones, you probably won’t see too much action during that round.

The one issue I have with the new terrain has to do with the hitboxes of the ground. I was crouch walking over a ridge during a game yesterday, and I saw someone about 200m off. I took out my Kar98 and shot at the dude, but because I was crouched and not totally on top of the ridge, my bullet hit the ground in front of me and totally gave away my position. I could completely see the guy through the scope, though. It’s things along those lines that are holding the map back right now, in my opinion.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Honestly, I noticed in the new maps that a lot of towns aren't entirely chock full of people at the beginning. Like, if you go any border towns, there really aren't many people, even if there's a shit load of buildings and loot. I love going to the islands on the south east end of the map.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad