Playerunknown's battleground

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I only played on a test server very briefly with some of the new water effects, the parkour and whatnot, and damn, it feels so much better. If anything, it felt as if it had way less lag input as well. Felt like it had a better tickrate.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Since I don't have access to the test server at this moment, are you able to select the map you want to play or is it random just like the weather?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Since I don't have access to the test server at this moment, are you able to select the map you want to play or is it random just like the weather?

at the moment you can only play the new map. once it goes live it will be random

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I only played on a test server very briefly with some of the new water effects, the parkour and whatnot, and damn, it feels so much better. If anything, it felt as if it had way less lag input as well. Felt like it had a better tickrate.

I've heard all of my friends say that they've gotten better FPS on the test server.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
God does the test server run great. Pretty much locked at 60 in high settings with all of the vaulting and new weapons. It’s great. Can’t wait for the full release.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I feel like every time there's a test server we hear that the performance is great, then when it comes out of the test server the performance is bad again. I'll reserve judgement and believe it when I see it in the final product.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
New map is reaaaally nice but it should've been a 4x4. It's way too big and you just run all game long in the desert without seeing anyone.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Dropping tomorrow on Xb1. Pre-ordered my copy, can't wait to pick it up Tuesday and then head to the jackets game!

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
New map is reaaaally nice but it should've been a 4x4. It's way too big and you just run all game long in the desert without seeing anyone.

I think it's definitely a different play style. In Erangel you could drop almost anywhere, and there were usually enough buildings around to supply you with gear. That led to more people surviving the first five minutes, and thus a higher chance of running into people mid game.
Miramar pretty much forces you to drop in big cities, leading to more deaths in the beginning of the game, ultimately creating a very boring mid game. Because yes, there is more playable area, and more "dead space" between cities, with less people.

Personally, I think Miramar is gorgeous, but I do prefer Erangel. More compact, and better cover usually, from hills and trees and even the wheat fields. When you're in the open on Miramar closer to end game, you might as well just drop a grenade at your feet.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

You can't play the edges as much. The water on the original map took up a huge chunk of space so the real playable area was actually smaller.

I think it's definitely a different play style. In Erangel you could drop almost anywhere, and there were usually enough buildings around to supply you with gear. That led to more people surviving the first five minutes, and thus a higher chance of running into people mid game.
Miramar pretty much forces you to drop in big cities, leading to more deaths in the beginning of the game, ultimately creating a very boring mid game. Because yes, there is more playable area, and more "dead space" between cities, with less people.

Personally, I think Miramar is gorgeous, but I do prefer Erangel. More compact, and better cover usually, from hills and trees and even the wheat fields. When you're in the open on Miramar closer to end game, you might as well just drop a grenade at your feet.

I think you're right that it's a different play style, but I think it's better. It seems less dependent upon who gets to a house in the center of the circle first and more about your positioning and ability to move at appropriate times. The ridges and cliffs provide a lot of natural cover that just don't really exist in Erangel, because they gave you more rocks and trees.

There's definitely a bit of a lull in the mid-game because of the encouragement of dropping in highly populated areas. I do like that driving is limited a bit because some areas are just too mountainous. The vaulting also adds a complete new element to the game and makes looting the cities a much better overall experience. Love the ability to go up buildings a lot more and the sizes of the buildings adds another dimension that so far, for me at least, has limited the amount of camping players are doing. It's been a refreshing change of pace for a game that had gotten a bit stale for me.

The biggest issue I've had so far is the constant crashing of the game and "bad module" error message. I've read it's an issue with Windows 10 and the Unreal Engine the game is using after a recent Windows update, but I hope Windows/Bluehole fix the issue ASAP, as I've spent a lot of time trying to get into squad games with friends only to have one of us crash out and not be able to re-log and still be in the group. It's incredibly frustrating. As a note, if you have multiple monitors you can sometimes leave the bad module error message up and running on a different screen and continue to play. It works some of the time.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Dropped on Xbox today, played one game, definitely needs some optimization (to say the least) but it's fun, had no clue how I died, looked everywhere for the guy and he just kept picking me off :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Played a few games on the One X, the definitely could drop some graphics enhancements and frame rate adjustments. The game is no where near some of today's games. There is also some serious input lag or the controls just seem heavy. I like the concept and the complexity of the weapons and gear.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
So do houses still not load in properly and are there still parachute issues? Wouldn't mind giving PUBG another shot but not if these issues haven't been fixed yet. One or the other was happening almost every game when I had it originally a couple of months ago.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
So do houses still not load in properly and are there still parachute issues? Wouldn't mind giving PUBG another shot but not if these issues haven't been fixed yet. One or the other was happening almost every game when I had it originally a couple of months ago.

It's mostly better, but it does depend on your own computer specs. The big issue now is something mentioned in one of my other posts about the bad module crashes.

The biggest issue I've had so far is the constant crashing of the game and "bad module" error message. I've read it's an issue with Windows 10 and the Unreal Engine the game is using after a recent Windows update, but I hope Windows/Bluehole fix the issue ASAP, as I've spent a lot of time trying to get into squad games with friends only to have one of us crash out and not be able to re-log and still be in the group. It's incredibly frustrating. As a note, if you have multiple monitors you can sometimes leave the bad module error message up and running on a different screen and continue to play. It works some of the time.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Is this going to drop on ps4 on a later date? Don't have an xbox or computer to run this game.

IIRC PS doesn't really allow "Game Previews". Full game or bust, I think they softened on it? Because Ark eventually came to PS4 before launch, but it took a LONG time.

Edit: Quick google search tells me that they have softened on that stance, and it will eventually be on PS4 but PUBG is a timed Xbox Exclusive for the time being.

Also, is it just my eyes? Or is it really hard to track players from a distance? I'm thinking it's poor optimization or something, but I'm having a hell of a time seeing players who aren't out in the open.

Last edited:
Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
It's mostly better, but it does depend on your own computer specs. The big issue now is something mentioned in one of my other posts about the bad module crashes.
Good to know!
Might try and pick it up again later this month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad