Players Who Will Re-Enter the Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
It seems the Panthers signed Hecimovic, according to the Mississauga News.
http://www.mississauganews.com/mi/news/story/2941705p-3408485c.html
Four players from the Mississauga IceDogs have signed professional contracts on the eve of being returned to the amateur draft.
Forwards Patrick O'Sullivan, Daniel Carcillo and John Hecimovic, as well as defenceman Kyle Quincey all inked their packages before the deadline on Thursday evening.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Crossbar said:
I would not be surprised if the Isles did not sign Cody Blanshan, as I remember the M.H. Tigers' radio announcers saying that the Isles wouldn't.

Someone posted the radio announcer's comment during the season.

a month or so after the season ended,Blanshan took part in the nyi/Bridgeport prospect camp.My guess is he wanted more $ then the isles were willing to give.The same thing happened with the team and Andy Chiodo(sp).

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Richardson would have been the best player to reenter the draft out of that original list...I would have bee shocked if someone didn't pick him before the 3rd round this time...good signing by the Avs...

Roussin, hmmm...he could be the next Rob Pearson, Dale Craigwell or Mike Craig!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Buffaloed said:
That's right. Slater's deadline is August 15th. If not signed by then he becomes an UFA.
Do we have clarification yet as to what is the deadline for formerly drafted Euro players that are now over or approaching the age of 22??

I read 4 years rights reserved from time drafted for previously selected ..

Don Baisley Alex Steen's (selected in 2002) agent was on the Fan 590 yesterday and said if the Leafs don't come to terms with him he is a UFA come next July 1st..

I am interested in finding out when Igor Grigorenko (2001) now 22 or Alexei Kaygorodov (2002 ) but also 22 now ..

So is it age or #of years from draft that determines Free Agent status ??.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
Belizarius said:
It seems the Panthers signed Hecimovic, according to the Mississauga News.

Could be a mistake. Hecimovic signed in the ECHL a little while ago, I'm not sure why he'd have done that if he still had a chance at an NHL deal.

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
CREW99AW said:
Someone posted the radio announcer's comment during the season.

a month or so after the season ended,Blanshan took part in the nyi/Bridgeport prospect camp.My guess is he wanted more $ then the isles were willing to give.The same thing happened with the team and Andy Chiodo(sp).

Talked with Cody again and it was not about the money: for him anyways. It was all about the number of players the Islanders have. I am not too sure I followed his explanation but something about Milbury having some kind of "number"...a limit perhaps... of players that are under contract.

The Islanders told Blanshan they are still interested in him and would "try" to get him somehow.

Blanshan isn't holding out hope and was disappointed.

77th Earl

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
one of the chicago papers mentioned that `04 picks eric hunter and jared walker were not tendered offers and therefore re-enter the draft. anyone else confirm this? any other `04 players not given offers?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Peter said:
Talked with Cody again and it was not about the money: for him anyways. It was all about the number of players the Islanders have. I am not too sure I followed his explanation but something about Milbury having some kind of "number"...a limit perhaps... of players that are under contract.

The Islanders told Blanshan they are still interested in him and would "try" to get him somehow.

Blanshan isn't holding out hope and was disappointed.

thanks for the info.I'm not sure what number or limit MM may have :dunno:

nyi fans are disappointed too.Isles could use a physical defenseman,who plays with a nasty edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad