Players Who Will Re-Enter the Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
From the original post -- I dont believe Bolf has to be signed. In the 2003 draft listing he is said to have been drafted out of the Czech league, so he should be a Euro.

Lukas Bolf D Sparta Jrs. (Czech)

MikeC44

Sep 18, 2003
Moncton, NB
Visit site
I haven't seen anything from the NHL, since the CBA was signed, that says NA players can be drafted until 21, like was rumoured. If anyone has anything official, please post it.

So if that rule hasn't been changed, then the NA players on the unsigned list that are going into their 20 year old season are actually UFAs, and do not re-enter the draft.

2 players I know of in this situation are LP Martin and Mathieu Gravel.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
I'm really suprised that Stefan and Cody didn't get signed. That really sucks. I know that both of them wanted to play for Florida and NY respectivly.

:cry: :rant: :confused:

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I hope the Oilers take a shot with Tardiff as a 4th - 6th pick. He and Reddox have good chemistry.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Ti-girl said:
I'm really suprised that Stefan and Cody didn't get signed. That really sucks. I know that both of them wanted to play for Florida and NY respectivly.

:cry: :rant: :confused:
Stefan Meyer supposedly did sign with the Panthers today.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=131754

The Florida Panthers signed centre Stefan Meyer, a second-round 2003 pick who scored 34 goals for the WHL's Medicine Hat Tigers last season

I would not be surprised if the Isles did not sign Cody Blanshan, as I remember the M.H. Tigers' radio announcers saying that the Isles wouldn't.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
nomorekids said:
Apparently, part of Roussin's contract demands were that Sidney Crosby be acquired to feed him goals and boosts his numbers deceptively ;)

Make no mistake, just because his numbers were bolstered because of Crosby and even Pouliot, he could still develop into a very good NHL sniper. He will either become a sniper or a total bust. He does have the offensive tools to make it to the next level, the rest of the tools we'll just have to wait and see if he has them!!!.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Matt MacInnis said:
This also surprises me a bit.

Saunders isn't anything special, but he's got the potential to be a 3rd pairing NHL-type if things continue to progress. he had a bit of a tough season because he was asked to be a player that he just isn't, but nobody I spoke to seemed to think his ceiling was just a junior player so...definitely an interesting move if he hasn't been inked. He was very committed to moving forward with his career, going to the next level, when I spoke to him originally in November, and it didn't seem like anything had changed during the season.

:yo: yahh finally announced that the Ducks signed him

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.jsp?content=h072849A

Anaheim signed defenceman Nathan Saunders to a three-year deal. The six-foot-four bruiser had 87 points and 794 penalty minutes with Moncton of the QMJHL. He was a fourth-round pick in '03.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
The Messenger said:
Sportsnet has also learned that Sidney Crosby's linemate, Dany Roussin, is going back into the draft.

Sources tell Sportsnet the Florida Panthers missed the signing deadline by three minutes this afternoon following a flurry of back and forth negotiations between Panthers GM Mike Keenan and Roussin's agent, Pat Brisson.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20050728_222353_6180

Ouch.

A lot of people crap on roussin because of the Crosby connection, but it's important to keep in mind that Sid didn't bounce the puck off him into the net 40 times a year. The kid does have an excellent wrist shot, in my opinion. He certainly has his share of problems, particularly he's pretty weak and very easily knocked off teh puck, but he does have decent skills of his own, too.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Aki Fan said:
From the original post -- I dont believe Bolf has to be signed. In the 2003 draft listing he is said to have been drafted out of the Czech league, so he should be a Euro.

Lukas Bolf D Sparta Jrs. (Czech)
Unfortunately, he's a CHLer, and thus I think he needed to be signed, and he wasn't.
If you're right, then I'm happy, but if not, it's a bad move not to sign this guy.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
August 15th is the deadline for signing college players who have completed their senior season. If unsigned, they become UFA's. Previously teams had until the next June 1st to sign them.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
Evilo said:
Unfortunately, he's a CHLer, and thus I think he needed to be signed, and he wasn't.
If you're right, then I'm happy, but if not, it's a bad move not to sign this guy.

No, he was drafted from Europe so Pens still retains his rights despite of playing in CHL last two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->