Players now face reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLC

Aug 7, 2004
Montreal
Some players are now receiving much lower offers, this is the new reality. They must be calling each other and their agents hopeing to find a way out of this big wage cut. The UFA's are getting to konw the low down on those offers and wondering what has happened to the market. All they have known is higher and higher for 10 years. I can imagin the calls " did you get a copy of the offer ? what a joke ! your my agent, go find me a GM fool as before and make me a great deal, after all you always told me I was one of the best hockey players in the world and I deserve millions, so go do it again"

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
And alot of guys won't be getting any offers. There are two years worth of rookies ready to step into the league which will mean a bunch of former NHLers out of a job.

RLC

Aug 7, 2004
Montreal
Chili said:
And alot of guys won't be getting any offers. There are two years worth of rookies ready to step into the league which will mean a bunch of former NHLers out of a job.
Yep!! you got that right. Humm I wonder if a few agents will get fired.
Humm what do I need an agent for if I must take a 40%pay cut with no negotiation possible. I can save 5-10% of my new contract by fireing my agent. Welcome to the new CBA mr. agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad