Players in the Olympics that will (probably) play NHL games in the future

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
The russian backup goalie forgot his name. But wasnt he drafted last year by rangers?

Igor Shestyorkin is drafted by Rangers and Ilya Sorokin is by the Isles. Wonder if Kirill Kaprizov is considered too small, he's drafted at fifth round by the Stars.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
The Czech goalie perhaps. Goalies who are good against NA teams generally get looked at for a chance at least.

Reactions: Fixxer

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Wonder if Wolski gets another shot in the NHL.

He should, at very least a PTO. Good size and still has the speed.

Cajkovsky has the physical attributes for the NHL, and a bit of a meanstreak as well. Skates pretty well for man his size, can pass and shoot.

The skating and offensive attributes kind of surprised me. I think there could be a few teams after him. Especially if he does well again at the World Championship.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Less obvious picks that I think -could- play in the NHL would be Dominik Kahun (GER), Julius Junttila (FIN), Par Lindholm (SWE), Patrick Zackrisson (SWE), and Mat Robinson (CAN). Matej Cajkovsky (SVK) is also intriguing but rough around the edges.

Reactions: Fixxer

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Jan the Man Mursak
and
Freddie Pettersson

Both are smallish, speedy guys who can play two-way hockey on middle six lines in the NHL.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Matej Cajkovsky (SVK) is also intriguing but rough around the edges.

It's Michal Čajkovský, but agreed. I'm an LA Kings fan, and I remember how 7-8 years ago, Michal got an invitation to the Kings' rookies pre-season camp, and optimists were saying he might be "the new Chára". The Kings opted not to draft him, though, and he kinda vanished from the radar for a few years. It's nice to see him resurface and do rather unexpectedly well in the KHL. Heaven knows Chára, too, was anything but an instant hit, so there's perhaps some hope for an NHL comeback for Čajkovský. If he wishes to impress scouts from overseas, tonight is the night!

caslava

Dec 1, 2017
Slovakia
Daloga imo has better chance than cajkovsky. The latter is too slow decision making and would not be able to compete in nhl

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Apparently Gionta is negotiating with some teams, and James Wisniewski said in an interview that he is over his injuries and will be looking to sign with someone for this season or next. There was also an article about some teams keeping an eye on Scrivens. Viktor Stalberg was really good for Ottawa in the playoffs last year, and is only 32, so could possibly return.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Who will get an opportunity to play in the NHL after this Olympics?

Noma

Could you even pick a team from all these teams and have a competitive NHL team?

Gusev - Datsyuk - Kovalchuk
Kaprizov - Grigorenko - Tolvanen
Mozyakin - Lander - Omark
Donato - Terry - Wolski

Lepistö - Voynov
Gavrikov - Heiskanen
Noreau - Hersley

Francouz
Koshechkin

Something like this. Definitely not a contender, but not a guaranteed last place team either.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Gusev - Datsyuk - Kovalchuk
Kaprizov - Grigorenko - Tolvanen
Mozyakin - Lander - Omark
Donato - Terry - Wolski

Lepistö - Voynov
Gavrikov - Heiskanen
Noreau - Hersley

Francouz
Koshechkin

Something like this. Definitely not a contender, but not a guaranteed last place team either.

Both russian backups are better fits though.

This team is doing just fine in the NHL:

Vegas Golden Knights 2017 Roster

So I agree.

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
Kahun
Although I think being the face of the German Leauge would both be better for him and German hockey than being a 4th liner 25points guy in the NHL

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
I don't really see Kahun as a 4th liner. If he adapts to the league quickly his speed and his hands could make him a 3rd/2nd liner in Arizona or anything. I think he is very similar to Tobias Rieder.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Omark has been for many years now one of the absolute best players in europe (including all russian players), he is better now than he was last time he gave NHL a go. I get the feeling that he will not play in NHL again, but if given a fair chance I think he would do good.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->