Players in the Olympics that will (probably) play NHL games in the future

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Of course, there’s no current NHLers at the event, but there will be some players that will play NHL games in the future

Big names like Kovalchuk, Dahlin, Tolvanen, Heiskanen are obvious, any less obvious guys?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Less obvious? Both are NHL drafted... Kaprizov will go to the NHL 100%.
I think it's more players like Switzerland Gaetan Haas, who never played in North America and is rumored to be actively scouted during the Olympics as he will most likely sign a contract in the NHL in the off season.

They are still less obvious. You can't compare future generational Heiskanen to career 4th liner Kaprizov.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Derek Roy. Having a big year in the SHL and looked really good vs Swiss.

Will be 35 at the start of next year, but maybe a couple years left in the tank to be a depth C for someone?

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Par Lindholm. Apparently he turned down some NHL offer the past summer, and so most likely that offer was a 2-way deal. I could see him get a 1-way deal before next season.

Less obvious guys I want to see sign an NHL contract includes Dominik Kahun (Germany) and Michal Cajkovsky (Slovakia).

Kahun impressed me already at the world juniors playing next to Leon Draisaitl, and he's had a strong development in Germany since. Too bad he wasn't drafted. If some NHL team worked with him from an earlier age, I think he could have been a pretty good player by now.

Cajkovsky has the physical attributes for the NHL, and a bit of a meanstreak as well. Skates pretty well for man his size, can pass and shoot. The question is if he could withstand the tempo of the NHL.

Either way, I don't think either of them will recieve 1-way offers from NHL teams, and so they'll probably prefer to stay in Europe and make more money.

Reactions: Connor McDaigle

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Our goalies Francouz and Furch will try it overseas next season. Dominik Kubalik might have a chance as well if he gets mentally stronger. Vojtech Mozik may try it again. Not sure about Sekac and Polasek...

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Derek Roy. Having a big year in the SHL and looked really good vs Swiss.

Will be 35 at the start of next year, but maybe a couple years left in the tank to be a depth C for someone?

Nope.

He was small when he was much faster.

He’s still small but he’d get killed out there.

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
After that performance, Francouz maybe. He's on the small side for a modern goalie but his numbers in the KHL are filthy and he's 27 with an expiring contract.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Vlad Gavrikov will be a top 10 shut down defender within 5 years of playing in the NHL. He will never get the recognition as a prospect or eventually a player because he's not going to score 50pts but he is a dominant defender. Ask any Russian fans who have kept track of him. The kid won the best defender award in the WJC without his team winning the tourney and without scoring a single point. Think of how impressive you have to play to win an award in an era where average defenders that can just put up points are considered the top D and this kid scores 0 points and his team doesn't win the title yet he wins that award that Werenski wins a year later with like 10 or so points.

Remember his name I have been praising him since before he was drafted and spreading it since he finally.got picked in the 6th or 7th round. This is his break out then he will join the CBJ and help anchor the best defense in the league once he joins with Jones/Werenski/himself/Murray

Reactions: BigRangy

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Cajkovsky migh have a decent chance from Slovakia. And also Daloga would make it, but he refused Dallas already in 2014.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Vlad Gavrikov will be a top 10 shut down defender within 5 years of playing in the NHL. He will never get the recognition as a prospect or eventually a player because he's not going to score 50pts but he is a dominant defender. Ask any Russian fans who have kept track of him. The kid won the best defender award in the WJC without his team winning the tourney and without scoring a single point. Think of how impressive you have to play to win an award in an era where average defenders that can just put up points are considered the top D and this kid scores 0 points and his team doesn't win the title yet he wins that award that Werenski wins a year later with like 10 or so points.

Remember his name I have been praising him since before he was drafted and spreading it since he finally.got picked in the 6th or 7th round. This is his break out then he will join the CBJ and help anchor the best defense in the league once he joins with Jones/Werenski/himself/Murray

He was the best Russian defenseman at the last WHC as well, and he was only 21. Gonna be the next Konstantinov. With out the auto crash shit, of course.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
They are still less obvious. You can't compare future generational Heiskanen to career 4th liner Kaprizov.
You are most probably making some kind of a sarcastic joke here? I thought you see Kaprizov as a very likely top 6 or even first line NHL-player. I at least see him definitely like that. Just mad skills that should make him a star in the NHL.

And was that remark of future generational Heiskanen somekind of mocking of him being overhyped? I anyway don’t think that he will be a generational player, although most probably a real star still. But I anyway would accept as generational players only Orr, Gretzky and Lemieux. Maybe you have a less strict approach with defining generational?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->