Players in the Junior champions to keep an eye

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
i'm actually looking forward to seeing johnny gaudreau play for USA. also, the shinkaruk/schremp comparison is junk, mainly because shinkaruk can skate.

OilFury

Nov 17, 2012
i so wish the oilers could get barkov..if there is no season and we dont do well in the lottery i hope we pull off a big trade to get him.. i would easily pick him #1 overall

too bad we wont see klefbom/gernat :(

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
i so wish the oilers could get barkov..if there is no season and we dont do well in the lottery i hope we pull off a big trade to get him.. i would easily pick him #1 overall

I can't see him going 1st (or even 2nd for that matter), and that's not a knock on him. MacKinnon and Jones are just that good. IMO, you trade up to 3rd, not 1st.

i'm actually looking forward to seeing johnny gaudreau play for USA. also, the shinkaruk/schremp comparison is junk, mainly because shinkaruk can skate.

Shinkaruk can't skate that well. He's been completely neutralized whenever the I've watched him and the other team has a decent dman. He reads the play well, and is a fantastic playmaker/scorer, but he's absolutely hopeless one on one

OilFury

Nov 17, 2012
i agree barkov wont go first..just saying i would take him first if i was a gm :p

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
I can't see him going 1st (or even 2nd for that matter), and that's not a knock on him. MacKinnon and Jones are just that good. IMO, you trade up to 3rd, not 1st.

Shinkaruk can't skate that well. He's been completely neutralized whenever the I've watched him and the other team has a decent dman. He reads the play well, and is a fantastic playmaker/scorer, but he's absolutely hopeless one on one

that's funny because the two times i've watched him live he's been great.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Elias Lindholm. I wish I saw paajarvi pull the stuff this kid is doing. This kid is a stud. Vision. Hands. Grit. Shot. Skating. Watch the video, I'm sure you will be impressed!

I was impressed, but he did really go to a couple moves time and time again, NHL defenders will key in on stuff like that and he will lose much of their effectiveness unless he can adapt. I am eager to watch him in the WJC and see what he does over the course of a game compared to a highlight clip.

BOUNCE

Jul 22, 2007
Edmonton
I was impressed, but he did really go to a couple moves time and time again, NHL defenders will key in on stuff like that and he will lose much of their effectiveness unless he can adapt. I am eager to watch him in the WJC and see what he does over the course of a game compared to a highlight clip.

Definitely. I'm stoked to see what he can do against the best competition in his age group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad