Players getting paid???

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I couldn't read you link, but I imagine you're speaking of the lockout pay that the players will receive.

It's their own money, that has been saved in the event that a lockout/strike might occur.

Perfectly normal, it's the same thing the owners did in saving up a $300 million warchest.

SedinFan*

Yet Bettman's put a 'cap-like' maximum number on how much they'll get paid. Ironic.

SkateLikeTheWind

Jun 16, 2004
Denver, CO
Alright I could see if it was their own money.

It just pisses me off that they are getting $10,000 a month for doing nothing. Only because im in college and it takes me 12 months work to make that much money.

Yeah sorry about that link, I didnt know you needed to sign up. When I clicked on it earlier it let me read it.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Mt.Nigeria said:
Yet Bettman's put a 'cap-like' maximum number on how much they'll get paid. Ironic.
That makes no sense, Mt. Nigeria.

SkateLikeTheWind said:
Alright I could see if it was their own money.

It just pisses me off that they are getting $10,000 a month for doing nothing. Only because im in college and it takes me 12 months work to make that much money.

Yeah sorry about that link, I didnt know you needed to sign up. When I clicked on it earlier it let me read it..

The players pay union dues and some money is disbursed back to them to help meet expenses. According to the TSN article it averages 3.6% of their wage.

And yes it is more than a college student makes, but then do you have the skills and abilities of an NHL player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->