Players Counter with $49m Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackdogs*

Boooooooooooo :banghead:
This is worse than seeing an animal get tortured.

Riddick

Feb 29, 2004
the obvious would be 45. If the NHL budges AT ALL, 45 is going to be the center. Personally, Id like them to say 'wait, what? I thought I heard a fourty, but the second half wasnt 2.5. come back when yer ready to say those words'

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
if you want to be really optimistic...the NHLPA knew they could not win this and by starting at $52 million they could reach lets say $46 million is better than starting at $49 and having to end up at $43-$44...in other words knowing they would lose all along, lets squeeze another few million out???

Maybe ??? :dunno:

nazzy

Mar 6, 2002
BC
www.gocanucks.net
Wow the NHLPA accepts the cap for once.. 49 is a little steep yeah but in desperation the NHL could accept it but yeah I sorta see a counter proposal coming again.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
What's the over/under on how many times the "and that's my final offer" cliche is going to be used?

btw, this reminds me of when my father was buying a truck last week. The dealer was trying to sell him a service plan, so my father said

"hmm, can I think about it, or do you need a decision now?"
"I'm sorry, but we really need a decision now"
"Well, in that case, I guess I'll just pass"
"ok, I'll tell you what, hang on to the brochure, and if you change your mind in the next week or so, give us a call"

:shakehead

Spooner

Feb 26, 2004
Oh, here and there
We'll have to wait and see if the NHL goes up a little or stands firm on their offer... or takes it off the table entirely. =/

Just settle at 45 mil and call it a day, damn, seriously, I want hockey and I want it right now.

ArtG

Feb 9, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Otter said:
Why do people gain new hope and then quit again with each new thread?

Seems apparent that this is going down to the wire. Have a beer. Relax.
exactly! I guarantee you the season will not get cancelled over $6.5 million dollars per year..

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Lionel Hutz said:
I'd put my money on there being at least one more counter-offer tonight.

Not a chance. Bettman has never pulled out a "take it or leave it" ever in negotiations UNLESS he means it. Thats his MO. So theres no move on this. Unless they take the 42.5 Mil, the season is over. No iffs ands or buts. Its done.

Watch tommorow. You'll see that im right. He'll cancel the sucker lest they change their tune.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
IT'S ALL ABOUT WHAT WAS IN BETTMAN'S HEAD THIS AFTERNOON.

IF he was bluffing about being inflexible, then they can meet around 45. Or they better.

If Bettman wasn't bluffing it's all over.... unless Goodenow accepts 42.5 at the last second.

THOSE 2 ****ING AMERICANS LIKE POKER FAR TOO MUCH.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
ArtG said:
exactly! I guarantee you the season will not get cancelled over $6.5 million dollars per year..

Wrong. $6,500,000 x 30 = $195,000,000

That is a LOT of money, especially considering the size of the league revenues. The players greed is clouding their judgement if they don't accept the leagues offer. The owners obviously lost TONS of cash last season, otherwise, why would they have held out this long?

Its just a question of logic.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
ArtG said:

Thats what the PA thinks too. You and them are both wrong. Its Gary's negotiations MO. If he says "take it or leave it" he means it. Theres no move on this. Shes done tommorow if the players dont move on it either. Even Bob Mackenzie said so. This is it.

SENSfreak_03

Aug 30, 2002
Regina, SK
Visit site
no13matssundin said:
Not a chance. Bettman has never pulled out a "take it or leave it" ever in negotiations UNLESS he means it. Thats his MO. So theres no move on this. Unless they take the 42.5 Mil, the season is over. No iffs ands or buts. Its done.

Watch tommorow. You'll see that im right. He'll cancel the sucker lest they change their tune.

they also said after their hybrid deal with the triggers that they had "no more tricks up their sleeves"

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Bettman's ultimatum won't work. Being so far apart everyone would want his head. So their only 6.5 million apart. I doubt they don't make a deal. Both sides would look even worse now that they've come so close. The media would crucify everyone for being so (6.5 milllion dollars) greedy.

I'm not jumping around, I'll wait for them to say it. But at this point, I'd be shocked if a deal doesn't get done.

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Didn\'t they say a couple of days ago that the best offer and last ofer they would get is X and then changed their minds?

If Gary cancels the season, I will not watch another NHL as long as that weasel is commisioner.

How bout this deal? Players accept 45 million and Gary gets fired... They'll deal with that . lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad