Players committed to Michigan Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirtless Guy

Mar 27, 2005
I was wondering if some of the people on this board could answer some questions for me. If you have any information on the following players please post a reply:

Mike VanWagner-D Chicago (USHL)
Ryan Angelow-C Oakville (OPJHL)
Geoff Kinrade-D Cowichan Valley (BCHL)
John Schwarz-D Ft.McMurray (AJHL)
Michael Teslak-G Prince George (BCHL)
Justin St.Louis-C Trail (BCHL)
Phil Axtell-W Cedar Rapids (USHL)
Eli Vlaisavljevich-D Lincoln (USHL)
Alexandre Gagne-W Cowichan Valley (BCHL)

now I have reports that Phil, Eli and Alexandre won't be coming to MTU until 2006 but I was just wondering what I can expect from these 3 players. What are their strengths and weaknesses? What style of game do they play? How are they on special teams? Will they be grinders or topliners?

Thanks

Shirtless Guy

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
Shirtless Guy said:
I was wondering if some of the people on this board could answer some questions for me. If you have any information on the following players please post a reply:

Mike VanWagner-D Chicago (USHL)
Ryan Angelow-C Oakville (OPJHL)
Geoff Kinrade-D Cowichan Valley (BCHL)
John Schwarz-D Ft.McMurray (AJHL)
Michael Teslak-G Prince George (BCHL)
Justin St.Louis-C Trail (BCHL)
Phil Axtell-W Cedar Rapids (USHL)
Eli Vlaisavljevich-D Lincoln (USHL)
Alexandre Gagne-W Cowichan Valley (BCHL)

now I have reports that Phil, Eli and Alexandre won't be coming to MTU until 2006 but I was just wondering what I can expect from these 3 players. What are their strengths and weaknesses? What style of game do they play? How are they on special teams? Will they be grinders or topliners?

Thanks

Shirtless Guy

Axtell is huge. He's listed anywhere from 6'5-6'6 and 250-260 lbs. That kind of size is hard to ignore (unless we're talking about Steve McKenna). He can brawl, but I don't think that's why MTU wants him. He was selected to the USHL All-Star game but couldn't play as he was out with a leg injury. I think he missed about 8 weeks with the injury, from which he's recently returned. This season he's scored 6 goals (on just 22 shots) and 5 assists in 25 games. The only "scouting report" I have on him is from a friend who saw him play once, so take that how you will. He said Axtell's skating isn't the greatest, but it's not terrible for a big ogre. I'd like to see the Pens grab him with a mid-round pick.

P.S. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he went undrafted in 2004.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Can't say I've seen any of those players, but 'shirtless guy', if you're a tech fan could you share your thoughts on how Jordan Foote played this season?

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Boomhower said:
Can't say I've seen any of those players, but 'shirtless guy', if you're a tech fan could you share your thoughts on how Jordan Foote played this season?

I would have to say that I wasn't overly impressed with him. He only played in 13 games and the bulk of those were on the top 2 lines. From what I saw, he's an up and down winger, nothing flashy. He'll grind it out and use his size but that's about it. I have to admit I'm a little surprised he got drafted. I guess the size was a big reason why. Granted he's only going to be a sophomore but I think he's got alot of work to do.

Shirtless Guy

Mar 27, 2005
Kritty said:
I would have to say that I wasn't overly impressed with him. He only played in 13 games and the bulk of those were on the top 2 lines. From what I saw, he's an up and down winger, nothing flashy. He'll grind it out and use his size but that's about it. I have to admit I'm a little surprised he got drafted. I guess the size was a big reason why. Granted he's only going to be a sophomore but I think he's got alot of work to do.
I'm not suprised he got drafted, I think he will get his shot at the next level but I think he kind of got force to MTU last year instead of playing another year of juniors because of the Rangers(?). He needs to bulk up to get to a more comfortable playing weight. He was a lanky guy that was vulnerable to injury which was exactly what happen. I saw glimmers of skill but he didn't play much. I also was not able to attend as many games this year as I had hoped since I got a job in Ohio (saw 3 games he played in, 7 MTU games). He has the potential, it will be interesting to see how close he gets to it before he moves on to the AHL or whatever...

BAuldie

Apr 5, 2004
Nanaimo, B.C.
I think Gagne plays similar to Simon Gagne from the NHL.. extremely fast and skilled. He was the best player in Cow Valleys first round loss to Nanaimo with 2/3/5 in 4 games. He was their highest scorer during the regular season with 35 goals and 35 assists in 60 games. Skating is definetly his biggest asset though.

Shirtless Guy

Mar 27, 2005
zetterberg40 said:
anyone have a list of players committed to UofM (michigan) and MSU?
Michigan
Code:
Travis Turnbull-RC 		Sioux City (USHL)	
Steve Jakiel-G 		Lincoln (USHL)	(2006)
Tyler Swystun-RC 		Camrose (AJHL)	
Tristin Llewellyn-LD 	Indiana (USHL)	(2007)
Billy Sauer-G 		Chicago (USHL)	
Brandon Naurato-RW 	Omaha (USHL)	
Dan Fardig-LW 		USNDPT U-18 Team	
Tim Miller-LW 		Omaha (USHL)	
Chris Summers-LD 		USNDPT U-17 Team(2006)
Steve Kampfer-RD 		Sioux City (USHL)	(2006)
Jason Bailey-RW 		USNDPT U-18 Team	
Mark Mitera-LD 		USNDPT U-18 Team	
Zach MacVoy-RC 		USNDPT U-18 Team	
Andrew Cogliano-LC 	St.Mikes (OPJHL)	
Jack Johnson-D 		USNDPT U-18 Team
Michigan State
Code:
Matt Shouneyia-LD 	Cleveland (NAHL)	
Kurt Kivisto-RC 		Cleveland (NAHL)	
Tim Crowder-RW 		Victoria (BCHL)	
Justin Abdelkader-LC 	Cedar Rapids (USHL)	
Jeff Lerg-G 		Omaha (USHL)	
Tim Kennedy-LC 		Sioux City (USHL)	
Nick Sucharski-LW 		Wexford (OPJHL)	
Brandon Gentile-LD 	USNDPT U-18 Team	
Ryan Turek-RD 		Omaha (USHL)	(2006)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->