Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Since the player is going to makes less money under a new collective agreement then what he was use too I suggest that each fan should pay 50 dollars for an autograph.

It is business and the players have to sustain a lifestyle and you all need gods to worship that are worthy of your attention spans :lol

Lets face it the avaerage fan is for the owner. I am sure the owner will give out his or her autograph just as soon as you get through the security :D

Who else is with me?

should the simple fan have to pay for a players autograph

and if so how much?

I say 50 bucks per autograph

cash under the table too! :bow:

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
Leaf Lander said:
cash under the table too! :bow:

Tell that to Duke Snider and Willie McCovey.
For those of you that don't know, Snider and McCovey are a pair of HOF baseball players who were convicted of tax fraud for not reporting income from selling autographs.
And if a fan is stupid enough to pay $50 to someone for writing their name, then the players should take it.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
A lot of places do charge for autographs. At card shows or appearances most athletes (of all sports) that are there (and there are usually quite a few) charge anywhere from $10-$200+ for just one player's autograph. Of course, that depends on what item you want signed.

But if people are willing to pay for some athlete's autograph, then someone is going to find a way to charge them for it.

Here's a nice story on the price of Red Sox autographs. http://www.dailynewstranscript.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=47209

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
A lot of pro athletes like to justify charging fans for autographs by saying "people are just going to resell the autographed item for a huge profit".

To that I say: if an athlete just signed autographs for everyone that asked, then that item with his or her autograph wouldn't be such a rare item that would command such a high price.

For example, NBA legend Bill Russell very rarely signs an autograph, so a Bill Russell autograph on the open market is a rare item, and therefore, an expensive one.

If Bill Russell would just sign autographs for people on a regular basis, it would not be such a rarity and would not command such a high price.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Sure its a great idea, players might earn $10K each. Only downside is it'll p*** off fans and since the NHL wants salaries linked to revenue it might cost the players $40K-$100K in lost pay.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Cost them lost pay? Because the owners want the autograph money included in revenues they deserve a share of? They even want to cap the amount players can charge for autographs?

Prior to their world series win, a photo or ball from from Damon or Ortiz were "reasonable" in the $30-$40 range. Post Reverse The Curse prices are $175-$250 after paying a $20 fee to get in. Amazing how valuable winning is. Really its not fair though for the average family who just want an autograph for their little johnnie. How can the greedy players charge this much. Its only fair those prices get capped.

Its amazing we find such value in these things.

"People think of this as a kids' hobby but it really isn't," he said. "It is it an adult hobby and it is expensive."

The business of autographs. The owners want their cut.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
NO! Why should we pay them for a signature?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? What, the average hockey player can't feed his family on $1.8 Million?!?!?!?!?!? We already pay them their salary, and now they would want more?!?!?!?!?!? If a hockey player were to charge someone for an autograph, they would be classified as the biggest d*ck in the world.

CuttaFan4Ever

Nov 25, 2004
Maine
Leaf Lander said:
i think because the fanssupport the owners andntothe players the playersshouldnt sign autographs unless your under 10 yrs of age or if you pay.

You can get the owners autigraph good luck meeting them

The parents of the 10 and under kids would probably just go and sell the autograph so you're not stopping that by limiting it to 10 and under...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad