Players and yes owners to = Playing a dangerous game of Russian Roulette

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
Talk about playing with fire. It's as if both sides didn't learn a thing from the 94 MLB strike that wiped out the playoffs. The way I see it the NHL isn't nearly as strong as MLB and IF or more likely WHEN they shut down this season both sides will go down in history as the Idiots that failed to reconcile their differences.

After listening to former NBAPA Executive Director Chales Grantham on Sportsnet last night I was more convinced than ever that Goodenow couldn't even carry his shoes. Grantham understood his role and seemed as concerned with the health of the NBA as the owners were during their negotiations. I think Goodenow is telling his players not to read or listen to all the rhetoric in the media or on boards like this one and to collectively take a hard stance against anything that smells like a cap system. This is a dangerous gamble that in many hockey experts opinion will result in the shutdown of this season and maybe next. It's a dangerous game of Russian Roulette that might just see both sides having to swollow a bullet. It's a dangerous game that will cost many PA members their jobs, some owners their franchises and all players an increasing % of their future payroll and revenues. Many NHL players will never again play at the NHL level and yet remain silent and supportive.

Unlike MLB Hockey will never overcome a work stoppage that cancels an entire season. Fans or friends of mine have already told me they will never pay to see these guys play again. It's time for players and owners to work together for the good of the game and for owners to settle for a triple instead of a homerun and players to do as much as possible to salvage what they can while they can.

:banghead: :help: :banghead: :help:

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Most will tell you that the NHL will be in better shape after a lockout than MLB was.

Reasoning:

MLB depends on the casual baseball fan, that takes his kids to 1-5 baseball games a year. Piss that fan off and MLB takes a HUGE hit.

The NHL doesn't have many of those casual fans, and therefore if they do lose the casual fan they don't take as much of a hit. The NHL has far fewer fans than MLB, but a higher percentage of so-called "diehard" fans that they know/believe will come back.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
yeah but have you told Bob and Gary that your friends won't go to games anymore? if they knew that I'm sure they would do whatever it takes to make things right.

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
It will be a cold day in hell before I fork out over hundred bucks to see any of these spoiled brats play again in the NHL. Talk about ungrateful players that don't give a **** about us fans.

Both sides just took a bullet. :madfire: :madfire: :madfire: :madfire:

OilKiller

Feb 1, 2005
canadatv.invisionzone.com
eye said:
Fans or friends of mine have already told me they will never pay to see these guys play again.

Idle threats IMO. There is no way a true hockey fan will not watch the NHL again when it comes back. I'm sorry, but these are just idle rants by pi**ed off fans right now. When hockey is back, true hockey fans will watch the game again. I'm upset right now too, but I'm not foolish enough to say, no way I'm watching hockey again.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
OilKiller said:
Idle threats IMO. There is no way a true hockey fan will not watch the NHL again when it comes back. I'm sorry, but these are just idle rants by pi**ed off fans right now. When hockey is back, true hockey fans will watch the game again. I'm upset right now too, but I'm not foolish enough to say, no way I'm watching hockey again.

come on now flamer...you know you want to watch to see if your team can contend again don't you? I think alot of the fans talk of never coming back is just frustation against the two sides. 90% of us will be back.

OilKiller

Feb 1, 2005
canadatv.invisionzone.com
OilerFan4Life said:
come on now flamer...you know you want to watch to see if your team can contend again don't you? I think alot of the fans talk of never coming back is just frustation against the two sides. 90% of us will be back.

Flamer..nice... :shakehead

I don't think you read my post. I said I would be back and watching hockey again, even though I understand why fans are ticked off. I never said I was not going to watch, hence the line:

I'm upset right now too, but I'm not foolish enough to say, no way I'm watching hockey again.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
OilerFan4Life said:
Flamer? Word. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I agree OilKiller... The fans will be back. I really do want to keep a running tab of HFers who proclaim their detestment for the NHL, only to have them speaking on how great ________ is for the _________.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
futurcorerock said:
Flamer? Word. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I agree OilKiller... The fans will be back. I really do want to keep a running tab of HFers who proclaim their detestment for the NHL, only to have them speaking on how great ________ is for the _________.

flamer as in flame fan. :handclap: But of course a jacket fan wouldn't understand that. So my apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad